Sunray Probe, good or bad?

I didn't know what a Sunray was before I heard people raving over them. I haven't read anyone ever having said anything negative about the quality of these devices or of any performance hits from using them. If you can afford to spend $180 on a pinpointer go for it. If I needed one that good I would buy a Sunray. However, so far this year I have not found $180 in coins or other treasure, and not for lack of a decent pinpointer.

One guy I know uses it to help pinpoint deeper than a regular pinpointer like a Garrett. It helps him because in some city parks he is not able to use a digger and must use only a probe/screwdriver method for retrieval. It does not affect normal detector operation as I understand it. For me a Garrett probe is perfect. Still expensive for most of our budgets. I guess both can be considered somewhat of a luxury item. But then again so can the detector itself. :icon_thumright:

A sunray probe does not affect the depth of normal operation. It has a switch you flip when you want to use the probe.

sunray adds weight and more connections and with time its can be problem, but its works very good until you keep sensitivity high, you can hear target between iron. but shorter and not so worse way is Garrett pro pinpointer. good luck Stasys

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back