super gem

goldpaner

Dec 5, 2007
MILWAUKIE OREGON
Detector(s) used
WHITES EAGLE SPECTRUM
Hello all my fellow and Ladies treasure hunters i was mining gold down on cow creek and came across this very pretty rock and would like some of you rock hounds help me id this great looking stone it is very clear and almost a true aqua green in colour i don't know much about gem but it is very beautiful rock and i would like to know a little more about it thank you for you time and opinions Roy.

Attachments

• Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 587
  • Picture 024.jpg
    Picture 024.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 575

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
goldpaner,

hard to say, i would try scrapping it with a knife for hardness. if it is harder than a knife blade then it could be a gem. if you can provide better photos, would help.

49er

Upvote 0
OP
OP
goldpaner

goldpaner

Dec 5, 2007
MILWAUKIE OREGON
Detector(s) used
WHITES EAGLE SPECTRUM
goldpaner said:
Hello all my fellow and Ladies treasure hunters i was mining gold down on cow creek and came across this very pretty rock and would like some of you rock hounds help me id this great looking stone it is very clear and almost a true aqua green in colour i don't know much about gem but it is very beautiful rock and i would like to know a little more about it thank you for you time and opinions Roy.
HEY GOLDINMYPAN YOU WHERE RIGHT IT WAS GLASS I HAD NO IDEA THAT GLASS IN THE RIVER FOR AWILE WOULD FORM ITS SELF THAT WAY BUT TOOK IT TO THE GEM STORE AND THAT IS WHAT THEY BELIVE IT TO BE THANKS EVERYONE AND HAPPY HUNTING.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions