What's new

Super Super Bowl Day Hunt

Americus

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
3,249
Reaction score
3,827
Golden Thread
0
I received permission to look this field last spring. In the spring, the field was planted in peanuts and I found several nice points and a lot of broken artifacts. This afternoon after lunch I went to see what the condition of the field was. It was what I hoped for. The peanut hay had been rolled and removed and it had had lots of rain since the peanuts were harvested last fall. However I discovered every artifact hunters nightmare - footprints. Fortunately for me they did not find them all. I would have looked longer but it started raining. I plan to go back.


When I found this I thought it was a broken tip but it is a very nice triangle.








I think this one is complete





This is a real nice one. It is better than the picture.








This is an incredible heartbreaker.





Three of these broken points are quartz. We find very little of this in south Georgia.


 
Upvote 0
Very good day!
 
That was a good day. I look forward to seeing your finds on your next trip. Shame the tip is broken on that Dalton.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom