pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess is it will be alot of fact finding and opinions with no real finds. I know that sounds pesamistic but these treasure hunting shows are all the same in my opinion.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Preview: Middle-aged white guys with more money and time than brains, argue and fight over decades old theories and legends with drama supplied by shots of rattlesnakes, sliding rocks, and burning hot shots of the sun. The producers throw in some ancient history and news footage of the recovery of dead bodies, and the usual suspects in Apache Junction and Tortilla Flats keep raking in that money. BORING!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Preview: Middle-aged white guys with more money and time than brains, argue and fight over decades old theories and legends with drama supplied by shots of rattlesnakes, sliding rocks, and burning hot shots of the sun. The producers throw in some ancient history and news footage of the recovery of dead bodies, and the usual suspects in Apache Junction and Tortilla Flats keep raking in that money. BORING!

LOL!

reale bill

Feb 8, 2007
the thing that amuses me about all of these shows is the camera work.no matter what the scenario,the camera crew is always first on the scene. a shot will show 2 guys struggling to get up a rocky steep slope,filmed by the cameraman who is already up there. or a shot of someone trying to crawl into a long lost cave,filmed by the cameraman who is already inside the cave....all entertainment !....just like Heraldo Rivera and the opening of Capone's vault....one hour of speculation and then.....empty !

OP
OP
TrpnBils

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My guess is it will be alot of fact finding and opinions with no real finds. I know that sounds pesamistic but these treasure hunting shows are all the same in my opinion.

That's what it will be, but that's all you could expect anyway. It's not likely, out of all the people that have ever gone looking for it, this group happened to have had a History Channel film crew with them when they found it. We all know most people who find caches (yes, this is different, but the idea is the same) aren't real likely to broadcast it and have to deal with all the red tape and BS. It's the same thing with Oak Island. I know they're not going to find it (at least on the show, if at all) but it's still neat to just see the history and the process they are going through. I know some of that seems to be staged, but it's still some of the more realistic reality TV that's on right now.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
With Wayne Tuttle (runs the Dutchunter rendezvous) and myself on the cast I think you will find it interesting. You will see things you have not seen before. Plus some gold here and there.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With Wayne Tuttle (runs the Dutchunter rendezvous) and myself on the cast I think you will find it interesting. You will see things you have not seen before. Plus some gold here and there.

OMG - NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Say it ain't so Sarge!!!!!!!

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey when is this show on ?
I still say there was stuff in " Capone`s Vault ",but Jerry Rivera stole it ....still has me on the edge of my set !
Gary

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Feb 8 Gary 10 pm Az time

Remember Terry your the one that said there is no gold in the Superstitions
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421107325.970198.jpg

Your wrong!

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
You see guys each year everyone sits around the campfire at the Rendezvous and talks about Dutchman gold. I don't sit around. You want to see where that came from watch. Up to you. I had a blast with the project. Oh! Go for a Wayne hike some time when you hit 65. I want to watch.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say that you don't get more real Dutch Hunter than Wayne. You also don't get much better Superstition Prospector than Frank. I don't know who else they went with for the show, but I give it the benefit of the doubt for those two alone!

Mike

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Thanks Mike. You a good friend. I'm waiting to see how it turns out also. I know I picked up some gold locations along the way along with a few nuggets. You will see me always looking at the ground. We hit some interesting spots and had a ton of fun. I must admit I don't care for rattle snakes after the greenie tried to eat me last year.

NorCalMining

Greenie
Jul 29, 2013

One of my good friends is on the show. He is far from rich. From the sounds of it the dont find very much

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread