What's new

supply question

jonhls

Full Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2006
Messages
210
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
OUt of curiosity what is the longest amout of time anyone has used the same supply bank without any problems.I have had a few banks order for a month or two then dry up.Dumping is not an issue but ordering can be a pain.thanx for any responses...........and im not interested in who you order from just how long they have been suppling you....hh jon
 
Upvote 0
Define "dry up".

I've had a few banks tell me after I had already ordered from them for a month or two that "we can contine to order them for you, but there will be like a $20 per box fee on them as we need to pay to get them shipped in".

So either it took them that long to realize where those extra $20 charges were coming from, or they just made it up as an excuse to stop having to lug those heavy boxes...

~Dave
 
well most around here only want to charge 5 bucks but when 14 of last 18 boxes have been skunks i would never consider any fees.I still have one source will see how long they hold up for me.
 
I was told by one bank it was a flat per box fee and another bank told me it was so many cents or whatever per roll and that they calced it out that way. both were in the 18-22 dollar range for fees so I said hell no and ordered from different banks to make up for them.

I would never pay the fee unless it was a buck or two or if I was getting IMMENSE silver on a consisten basis.

~Dave
 
I've been getting a box a week from the same bank for over 2 years now with no mention of a possible fee. The head teller even picks up my box up from the main branch on her way to work. I've also dumped 99% of my dumps at the same credit union with no problems. I also have 3 other banks that order boxes for me if I ask with no mention of a fee.
 
My banks tell me 15c per roll.....thats why im picking up drops anyway.
 
I have never been charged a fee or anything.  I always thank them profusely for the help they provide, and continue to ask them if if this is any trouble for them.  They always say "no problem, just let us know how much you want".  On time, I even had a teller call me back and apologise when she missed an order (because I called it in late).  I said not to worry one bit, and to just let me know when the boxes came in, and that this all needs to be done at THEIR convenience.

If they start charging me a fee one day, so be it.  They have to recover costs for all the boxes that they order, and even if they just get tired of ordering 100's of pounds of metal for some nut (i.e. me) I am not going to hold it against them.  It's a free country, and I will continue to do business with that Bank.

I should also note that my dump bank does charge a couple of bucks per box of halves, but again, I have no problem with that. It is a cost, but the bank was up front with me about it, and I had no problem with it so everyone was happy in the end. When I came in last week, the teller even asked if I had a few rolls that he could buy off of me since a customer needed some rolls of halves! This is all being done with a different bank then the one that supplies me with my halves, and I plan to transfer a bunch of $$$ into our account their as a "thanks".

Happy hunting!
 
I started buying boxes of coins since January 2008. I buy at two different banks 2+ boxes per week from each bank and have never had a problem. I've even asked about increasing the amount I order and the only comment is "Just let us know how much you want, we can order any amount." I dump at two different banks and they let me bag them in $500 bags. It is a great system for me!
 
Wish I was as lucky as some of you with your no hassles and bagged dumps. I've never been allowed to bag mine, and most of my ordering banks tried to hit my with fees. Next summer I'll work out a better system. ;)

~Dave
 
I have never been charged a fee, but I also have a saving account and a CD at my supply bank, they charge me, I pull my funds out, pretty simple
 
I've had a savings account, checking account, and a credit/debit card through the bank that told me they would need to start charging. Though another branch continued ordering without a fuss... strange happenings.

~Dave
 
BBcardsRI said:
I've had a savings account, checking account, and a credit/debit card through the bank that told me they would need to start charging. Though another branch continued ordering without a fuss... strange happenings.

~Dave
Same here. Sometimes you think 2 branch's of the same bank are 2 different banks they way their policy's are.
 
I have been ordering one box a week from the same branch for 2 years. No problems here, except occasional skunk boxes.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom