What's new

Sure Miss The Daytona Beach Shootout Hunts

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2009
Messages
2,334
Reaction score
1,306
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bradenton, Fl
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a couple of years since the had their hunts. It was a 3 day affair with lots of prizes and fun. I got to meet a lot of hunters from all over. Too bad the economy stopped it. I met Mumzie one of the years, she was taking photos. I will never forget the hospatility that the Daytona Club offered all those who attended.
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!!
 
Upvote 0
I won the $5000 in 2007.Not bad for $200 entry fee.
 
I never went, but Treasure Hunter was telling me about it last weekend at the condo over Brats, sounds like it woulda been a goot time. :thumbsup:
 
I only used PIs then and I wouldnt have been nice to be around. Buzzing everyone out. EMI. So I never went. Now I found out Excals also buzz other machines, so I dont feel so bad.
 
I attended the last 3 years of the GSBSO, I loved it and I really, really miss it. Normally it would only be a month till it was time for it again... :'( I think it ended more because of ill health than the economy

stevemc said:
I only used PIs then and I wouldnt have been nice to be around. Buzzing everyone out. EMI. So I never went. Now I found out Excals also buzz other machines, so I dont feel so bad.

PIs were not allowed.....Excals were not as bad as the ACE 150 and 250s...... I bought a used Fisher 1235X just for competition hunts because of the freq shifter it has, I could shift the freq with my thumb on the fly to escape any interference......

ron lord said:
I won the $5000 in 2007.Not bad for $200 entry fee.

Ron, I did not realize that was you that won, I was there up front and I thought you were going to have a hear attack when you opened the envelope and saw $5000 written on the page. I walked away the last year with $600 in total money.....Worth even more since I also won a couple silver rounds.....

I met a lot of great people there :icon_thumright:
 
I started using a Tesoro Vaquero where I could change frequencies. Had a great time and won several prizes. I attended all the hunts and looked forward each year for the next.
 
I went back in 2008, it was a good time. I didn't win anything, but it was a great weekend. :icon_thumleft:
 
willie d said:
I went back in 2008, it was a good time. I didn't win anything, but it was a great weekend. :icon_thumleft:

How could anyone who loved detecting not enjoy it....6 seeded hunts over 3 days with great prizes, fantastic raffles, great people putting it on and the chance to meet TreasureNet members and make new friends....... It was always a blast, and the day after it was over I was always looking forward to the next one. :icon_thumright:
 
3423107068_c1b8b967f7.jpg

Do you know this mate?
3423096646_0d3e92acb8.jpg

3423138160_3c38792a29.jpg

3423173370_16315d24d6.jpg

3423177262_b40429c250.jpg

set-72157616500464230

3423188620_5e3d285c04.jpg

3422393379_15930f7060.jpg

3423216176_a2c57540d7.jpg

Memory Memory...........................
 
First I heard of those hunts. Sure looks like a lot of fun. Would have liked to have attended a few of those hunts. All that nice sun shine and warm weather would have been a nice enough prize to me and the mrs. :coffee2: Rick
 
It was a really fun event and got to meet some really nice people-I got to attend 2 of them before they ended :icon_thumright:
 
somebody start it up again!!!!!!!!!! :dontknow:
 
I give a special thanks to Dayton and his wife, Ray, all the members of their club and the equipment sponsors that made those hunts successful and memorable. They put on quality and fun hunts!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom