What's new

Surgical Stitches

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2010
Messages
1,201
Reaction score
992
Golden Thread
0
If surgical stitches are metal, will a hand held pinpointed read them? Are some metals used during surgery non detectable?
 
If surgical stitches are metal, will a hand held pinpointed read them? Are some metals used during surgery non detectable?
Everything metal used in surgery would be detectable. Staples, wire, bolts, screws, joints, plates.
Some titanium coated ceramic tools, I have no idea if they would be detectable.
I know my staples/pins/screws/plates were detectable.
 
Surgical staples you should be able to pinpoint. I tried where I had staples removed in case one was missed. (It showed in an x-ray but they said it was likely the remnant of one removed we couldn't find by the time we saw it in the "after" x-ray....)
I wouldn't expect stitches to be metal.

Are you chasing the cat after it's recent surgery or something?
Someone suggest it really doesn't have stitches when you thought it did?
The lack of context to your question leaves one to ponder....
 
Surgical staples you should be able to pinpoint. I tried where I had staples removed in case one was missed. (It showed in an x-ray but they said it was likely the remnant of one removed we couldn't find by the time we saw it in the "after" x-ray....)
I wouldn't expect stitches to be metal.

Are you chasing the cat after it's recent surgery or something?
Someone suggest it really doesn't have stitches when you thought it did?
The lack of context to your question leaves one to ponder....
I was conscious when the staples went in. It was in the back of my head so I can't see them, but I can touch and feel them. There are 6 or 8 stitches.
 
I was conscious when the staples went in. It was in the back of my head so I can't see them, but I can touch and feel them. There are 6 or 8 stitches.
And they feel big!!

Two mirrors maybe to see them.
 
And they feel big!!

Two mirrors maybe to see them.
Thanks. As long as they heal, I can live without actual seeing them. I've not even washed my head yet. Holding 2 mirrors right now would be a clumsy event. Again, thank you.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom