What's new

Surprise gold and silver

JVA5th

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2014
Messages
4,972
Reaction score
28,134
Golden Thread
0
Location
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wanted to get out and metal detect since my work is going to have me on only one day off after these days off for a good while. Didn't think I'd find anything as I just wanted to get out so went to one of my spots I've gone over and over again and decided to swing low and really slow and dig everything. Well got 2 gold rings, one silver ring and one silver pendant along with 2 wheaties 1947 and 1957. Got a decent amount of non precious metal jewelery as well. One gold ring has no marks looks older but I'm sure its gold the ruby one is marked 10k. Silver ring is mark S.S. just was so pleasantly surprised with what came out of the ground today.
 

Attachments

  • 20250928_170337.webp
    20250928_170337.webp
    741 KB · Views: 127
  • 20250928_170342.webp
    20250928_170342.webp
    734.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 20250928_170240.webp
    20250928_170240.webp
    496.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 20250928_170245.webp
    20250928_170245.webp
    537.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 20250928_170302.webp
    20250928_170302.webp
    646.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 20250928_170356.webp
    20250928_170356.webp
    1,012.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 20250928_163819.webp
    20250928_163819.webp
    654.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 20250928_163828.webp
    20250928_163828.webp
    911.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 20250928_163840.webp
    20250928_163840.webp
    756.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 20250928_163851.webp
    20250928_163851.webp
    757.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 20250928_170412.webp
    20250928_170412.webp
    622.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 20250928_163500.webp
    20250928_163500.webp
    857.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 20250928_163602.webp
    20250928_163602.webp
    510.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 20250928_163307.webp
    20250928_163307.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
  • 20250928_163335.webp
    20250928_163335.webp
    804.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 20250928_163359.webp
    20250928_163359.webp
    1 MB · Views: 84
  • 20250928_163321.webp
    20250928_163321.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
  • 20250928_163418.webp
    20250928_163418.webp
    864.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 20250928_163410.webp
    20250928_163410.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 117
Upvote 33
God in his infinite wisdom has sought to reward, confuse, and punish metal detectorists ever since the modern metal detector was invented. The flash of gold, the timeless nickel, and the ever-present pulltab all show up on our screens in the same general notch in the non-ferris metal arena.
 
God in his infinite wisdom has sought to reward, confuse, and punish metal detectorists ever since the modern metal detector was invented. The flash of gold, the timeless nickel, and the ever-present pulltab all show up on our screens in the same general notch in the non-ferris metal arena.
Makes it all that much sweeter when you think you are pulling up the thousandth pull tab to see the glint of gold. Both these rings I though were trash they did not sound good whatsoever so felt good to get those two golds.
 
You totally conquered it on that outing! Excellent digs, & congratulations!
Lets give it the perspective it needs on junk aluminum/pulltabs/foil and all other junk dug if you would, please.
Also, what was the take on modern coinage totals?
Way to work it! All those spots you hit that have only junk targets, meaning others have cherry picked the h e double toothpicks out of, still have promise, with sore knees and a lot of determination of course.
More LUCK next time out and thanks for sharing.
 
You totally conquered it on that outing! Excellent digs, & congratulations!
Lets give it the perspective it needs on junk aluminum/pulltabs/foil and all other junk dug if you would, please.
Also, what was the take on modern coinage totals?
Way to work it! All those spots you hit that have only junk targets, meaning others have cherry picked the h e double toothpicks out of, still have promise, with sore knees and a lot of determination of course.
More LUCK next time out and thanks for sharing.
I'm beyond stubborn. I dig often 8 or so hours at a time all signals til I'm hurting. Haven't hit gold like that in awhile but kept trying and just today for some reason it happened. Only difference is in this spot the soil is usually wet but it was dry as can be this time along with swung my coil extra slow and slowly covered ground. I work hard at the hobby don't have the brain to tell a tab from a good thing so lots of digging. Haven't hit anything expensive or historic yet but I'll always keep trying.
 
Congratulations John on the great day digging.
You've certainly dug enough crap, now t was time to reap some rewards.
 
Congratulations John on the great day digging.
You've certainly dug enough crap, now t was time to reap some rewards.
Oh yes indeed I really didn't expect this lol. I've hit this area hard and gone home with only change some days. Today just went well
 
Outstanding John..
Congratulations on your success !!!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing
 
It's been a long time since I had a hunt that good. Way to go! :icon_thumright:
Well I hope you have one coming soon. Mine wasn't expected that's for sure.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom