Surprise!! SILVER.............when you least expect it

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a Little League complex today, only about 20 years old, but well used. I have never "cherry picked" before, but since its not that old a park, I thought I would only dig high tones, and clean up on some clad, and not dig a bunch of zincons. Did well with dimes and quarters, lots of surface pennies,but a few were dug. A very heavy medallion of some sort. Then when you least expect it :hello2: bang.........my first silver quarter! A 1962 Canadian, here............... of all the old sites I hunt............... 101_7299.JPGIMG_0171.JPG silver, but never a quarter. You just never know where the silver is!! Kids with $$$$$ =lots of targets!!! Stayed about 3 hours, I'll be back!

Upvote 8
Very Nice hunt. great job and HH from Muskegon

Around these parts Canadian silver quarters are quite rare! That's a really nice find! Congrats!

I am just across the St. Clair River, from Sarnia Ont. Canada,( 1/4 mile) so their coins are and have been part of life here............just the silver part is rare
Around these parts Canadian silver quarters are quite rare! That's a really nice find! Congrats!

I am just across the St. Clair River, from Sarnia Ont. Canada,( 1/4 mile) so their coins are and have been part of life here............just the silver part is rare

Here in northern California I've dug about 150 silver quarters over the last 29 years of metal detecting. Iv'e only dug one Canadian! Being so much closer to the border you guys probably find more of the sought after silver types...

nice silver and finds

Sweet diggings there !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back