Surprised by GOLD!

JerseyDigger19

Apr 20, 2015
West Orange, NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got home from work and it was still raining a little so I suppressed my urge to dig. But with an hour to go before dusk I looked out the window and saw the sky clearing and thought to myself "Diggin' time!" Without much time to hunt I went to a pounded field I know right around the corner from me, which has been heavily hunted over the years since it was a popular parking area for a large park and picnic space. Better than nothing I thought, so I went off to hunt it for the first time with my new machine. It was already a good hunt 20 minutes in when a 1945 Mercury dime showed up. But 10 minutes later I got a deep squeaker signal and pulled out a coin from 8 inches down which turned out to be a 1935 wheatie. I rechecked the hole and heard another deep high tone 6 inches away. "Silver dime" I hoped! But when I got it out of the hole I swung the detector over the dirt and heard a popping midtone sound. "Rats, iron" I thought, until I moved some dirt and saw this 14K gold cross pop out... 1493303039773.jpg

Didnt get a dirt shot since it was close to dark, but really happy with this golden surprise!

Attachments

• 1493303028307.jpg
    1493303028307.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 107
Upvote 19
Beautiful JD19! I would put that one right back into service. Of all the bling and good jewelry that I have found, the real gold cross still eludes me. Someday! Sub 8-)

awesome gold find, makes you wonder how much more you may have missed. looks like the new machine is working pretty good for you. congrats

Looks old too, congrats on the gold!

Congrats!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back