Surprising Find at Local Park

blueberra

Oct 15, 2009
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spoke with the DPW manager (who used to detect back in the day) in the next town and he told me there was no problem with me detecting in the park, but that I should avoid the ball fields because third parties pay to use the fields and he didn't want the hassle if someone complained.

Fair enough -- the park has a baseball and softball field (which are also used for soccer) and along one side are some woods that are about 100 feet wide running the length of the two fields.

The other side of the woods is about a 10 foot strip of grass with a road running parallel to the park.

I decide to hit that strip first and found the usual corroded Zincolns, pull tabs, and other assorted junk, but I did get a good signal next to a tree root.

Check it out.

Attachments

• 30 may 2023 obverse.jpg
    30 may 2023 obverse.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 163
  • 30 may 2023 reverse.jpg
    30 may 2023 reverse.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 137
Upvote 43

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll bet this drew a smile across the ole' face when you saw the silver shinning back at you. Congrat's on a nice Save of the Silver.

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nicely done! Congrats on a beautiful old silver.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spoke with the DPW manager (who used to detect back in the day) in the next town and he told me there was no problem with me detecting in the park, but that I should avoid the ball fields because third parties pay to use the fields and he didn't want the hassle if someone complained.

Fair enough -- the park has a baseball and softball field (which are also used for soccer) and along one side are some woods that are about 100 feet wide running the length of the two fields.

The other side of the woods is about a 10 foot strip of grass with a road running parallel to the park.

I decide to hit that strip first and found the usual corroded Zincolns, pull tabs, and other assorted junk, but I did get a good signal next to a tree root.

Check it out.
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations. Just goes to show that if people have ever been somewhere, some clumsy fool has dropped something. It's what I love about detecting.

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Check it out.
Heck yeah. Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions