SURPRIZE - SURPRIZE

PRAIRIEWOLF

Jun 26, 2005
MINNESOTA
If you have trouble waking up try this . I was working a row of ancient monster, cottonwoods in heavy brush with little luck until I got solid hit that could be an Indianhead . I was kinda excited over this as my judgement to work this treeline wasn't panning out with any success at all . So it was with enthusiasm and anticipation that I thrust my trusty custom trowel into the soft humus and levered up my prize . A nest of ground bees !
Somehow I only got bit twice even though they chased me all the way back to my truck where I felt safe until I realized one had gotten inside with me . SCRAMBLE ! So off to Walmart for the end of season two for one special on wasp and hornet 25 FOOT spray bombs . This was perfect for me as I have two hands . I coulda used two more . There is nothing sadder or scarier than to see about 150 bees swarming all over your Minelab and you with a couple of half price Walmart specials that you have no idea if it will kill them quick or just really , really pissum off . It didn't kill them but it did slow them down long enough for me to get my baby back . Anyway the sale is still on at Walmart .

Upvote 0
ROFL!!!! I know it's nothing to laugh at for you, but the story was funny! I hate any insect that can sting you! Hope you're okay.

vicki

I'm curious, did the hit come up as a cache tone??........... ;D

DugHoles
Upstate NY

I think I will pass until there is frost in the ground . It's just not my week for bees . I got stung Friday evening once , twice Saturday and I got stung by a hornet today . It hasn't been much fun being me lately . I'm a hurtin unit !

Well PrairieWolf its pretty safe to say that your not allergic to bee venum, thats a good thing with your track record. Hope you find a safer spot to hunt this week. Good Luck ;)
Mchamby

I can sympathize...though I'm only experienced at ant bites! I've really, really got to be more careful! After work, down here in very hot and humid central Florida, I often run my detector for a bit before heading home. And, I'm often in my sandals/flip flops. On Friday evening I came limping in the house after having STOOD in a fire anthill while searching an elusive quarter tone... Never did get the danged quarter, but I've swollen right foot that's decorated with lovely bites all over to show for my efforts! I've really got to get smarter about this! LOL!
Ruth

Remind me not to go detecting with you when you get buzzed. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back