What's new

Suspender clip?

Casey13

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2021
Messages
384
Reaction score
955
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone know the age of this suspender clip? Found it metal detecting this afternoon but can't figure out the patent years.
 

Attachments

  • 16319257138368259141229565883297.webp
    16319257138368259141229565883297.webp
    344.3 KB · Views: 120
Welcome to TNet! The pics show patents of 1894 and 1901 it looks like.
 
Upvote 0
Thank you! Thanks so much for your help!! I thought it was 1894 and 1901 but wasn't sure. But I had a feeling the style didn't look like 1994 and 2001 lol. It was about a foot down too.
 
Upvote 0
Cool find! That's one of those finds I look forward to. It's a personal item worn by the owner. Somewhat regular finds but I don't think I've found any that match any of the others yet...:laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to Tnet.

Yep, the dates are right. The second patent was filed by Dwight L. Smith for the Waterbury Buckle Company of Connecticut:

Clasp.webp

“This invention relates to an improvement in clasps, and particularly to clasps adapted for hose-supporters, and is an improvement on the clasp for which Letters Patent of the United States No. 513,094 were granted January 23, 1894 to William B. Draper.”
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Brass tag?
Replies
6
Views
1K
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Suspender clip?
Replies
4
Views
836

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom