Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Relic, there is tons of trash in the surrounding area, nails, beer cans, chicken wire, etc. The ground is extremely difficult to dig. Too many roots. I saw several shell mounds that were flattened out.

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
I would like to come oneday,could you guys take me back out there? I think the old store maybe just a bit off the odlund land.. Scuba that second pic of abuthnots store is not old enough to be the store...The cinder blocks that the walls were built on are not very old... The rough saw cut heart pine timbers do look kinda old 1910 maybe..

OP
OP
sabre15

sabre15

Dec 14, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Discovery TF 900
No their are no remnants of the store. It is long gone, but there are many areas that still need to be checked out. Lets make another day of it sometime.

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
In the story i posted it says that odlund built the first school house for the area,and also his wife opened a seafood place.Do you think odlund could have made that kind of money fishing?Plus they had 9 kids to take care of,i wonder if any grand kids are around that may have some old stories..He may have found something in the old days...And he also stoped fishing in 1926 :-\

OP
OP
sabre15

sabre15

Dec 14, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Discovery TF 900
I considered that too, I believe there is a grandchild living in Suwannee. I will look into that next trip.

Sundancer

Feb 14, 2009
Fort White, Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX, Tesoro Lobo
Fascinating story. I live approximately 35 miles (as the crow flies) from Cross City FL. I am retired and am always looking for something interesting to do. Let me know if I can be of any help.

~Mike

S

sailrunner

I take it that everyone has stopped talking about this now, how come?

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sun,

sounds good !! we gonna have alot of places to go, got another co worker about to buy a metal detector....talk to you tommorrow before work...gregg

OP
OP
sabre15

sabre15

Dec 14, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Discovery TF 900
Been looking for this for a couple of years, not a whole lot of info out there and nothing to prove it ever existed.

S

sailrunner

Re: Suwannee/Cross City Florida Cache

Does anyone live close to Cross city here? Im about 5 hours away.

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In regards to Terry and his US Treasure Atlas:
I am not sure where he gets all those stories, but each one I have checked on has some bases in truth. I have checked out at least 50 of them in Oh and KY and IN. I have found that either they were legends and there was no truth to the caches or someone came back and retrieved them, or they were already found. Remember he authored those back in the 70s and 80s....and with each generation of better Metal Detectors more has been found. I have three that lead me to great possibilities but land owners are not cooperating in letting someone dig. I do not think Terry is ripping anyone off; he put a lot of research into those sites! He gave it his best shot and probably didn't have time to check out the rest of the story on each one. An example: he has one in Indiana (437B) about a place called Hindostan (yes really) cholera epidemic, kills maybe 1,000 people in the area. Before dying the treasurer of the county buries the county money and records. I went there found everything to be true, then after talking to some people found out 2-3 years ago (2006-7) a lady that worked at subway and her husband found the stuff right where I was looking! They didn’t divulge the amount of the coins but donated the records to the county! Terry was spot on in this regards. I could go on and on but suffice to say in my experience 40 per cent are true and still unrecovered. Again the percent is no reflection on Terry he reported them as he found them….we have to sort them out! I have spent many enjoyable hours researching his leads further. I always found some info on every one of them. Treasure found? Several places. Treasure recovered? Zero. But,” today is the day!”

ZINCLID

Apr 2, 2010
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Mostly Tesoro units-I've owned five of them--but I've used Whites,Fishers,Garretts,Nautilus, Minelab, and Detex.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep! They Wuz buried awright, I'm sitting on one o'them kegs right now and resting my feet on the tother...HAR HAR HAR!!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: Just kidding, sounds like real dang good story and he probably did have some kegs or caslks buried...Good luck and keep on treasure hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread