Swat Team !!!

F

Floater

I get home change clothes and ready to go hit Demo site 2 Hop in the truck bring a shovel this time because its so trashy . Pull around the corner and I see 3 Swat members going in the house and the fourth who was lead man standing there with the battering ram after he broke down th door . I pull down the street and the neighbors are out front and I pull over . no one is tallking just watching. I then hear the pop pop and somebody yell get down. About 2 seconds later the three guys come out of the house and take off there gas mask and start cracking jokes. I walk up and introduce myself and ask if everything is OK and he said. Oh sure were just using this place for a quick practice. I start laughing and telling him I was there to metal detect and I was here last night and he says to me. Hey no problem we will be gone in about 10 minutes just letting the gas clear out and were gone. I said Thats OK today I just got permission to hunt the house around the corner from this one ( my 3rd) and not to hurry Ill come back tomorrow . We chuckled and he said no problem i think were going to that one tonight later for a night practice.I said I.ll make sure to fill my holes and we laughed again and I left. So now I have three sites w house's still on them and spent the last two nights at different ones This third one is pretty clean as debris goes the people here weren't to bad. I only had about an hour so I played with my settings tonight but still managed to dig about 10 holes . Here's the take. The medalion Say ALPHA 5 with a hologram and a robot. Those of you with kids might know what it is, I don't but pretty cool anyway.

Attachments

• site3.jpg
    site3.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 305
Upvote 0

greenswinger

Feb 17, 2005
ms
Sounds like my neighborhood ! Drug raid at least once a month . Wife and i are used to it, i tell her to not go down certain street for a couple of hours..there is going to be a hit ! bad thing about it tho...they will get rid of one bunch and another will move in .

FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That pin with "Alpha 5" on it is actually a spinning top. Alpha 5 was on the first episodes of the Power Rangers. I remember watching it on saturday mornings with my brother. I even had that exact same top. There was a little plastic arena that you could buy to battle them in. Cool finds. HH!

Fox

OP
OP
F

Floater

Hey Green swinger. No you don't understand they are knocking down old houses in my area so they can put in new million dollar homes. We got rid of the DD's and the rest of the problems long ago. It's good though that they are working your area. If you belong to a neighborhood association keep with it. Put the pressure on the city and the absentee landowners to clean it up. once the prices of rentals goes high enough the DD's cant and wont afford it. ANYWAY THANKS FOR LOOKING.HH.

OP
OP
F

Floater

Hey thanks Foxhound. I was wondering about it because the back has a plastic cone shaped piece so I knew you didn't wear it . I thought it would push into or mate to another piece. Well another mystery solved.HH

D

Darod

Hey buddy,

What is the date on this site? Oh,.....and try not to get shot! :)

Rod

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Hey Float, funny story! When I first started reading it, I thought I would have to come up there and hunt with you packed! LOL Went out early this morning, low tide was around 6a.m. Searched the water line on "all metal". No gold or jewelry yet, but about a couple $$ in clad.
Really nice hunting the wet sand, no trash. I think I only dug 1 aluminum tab. I new it was gonna be one, but wanted to make sure. Found a couple on the coins at well over 12"! 8)

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that must have been a very interesting experience!!!

OP
OP
F

Floater

wayne1956 said:
Wow, that must have been a very interesting experience!!!

it definitely was. The builder who is letting me hunt the property's lets these guys use them to practice all the time I just didn't know it. I can just see me in the back yard of one of these with the headphones on,oblivious to everything and then have four guys bearing down on me with HP rifles and Glocks at the draw. I would probably lose a load on the spot.LOL Good bunch though and they had a good sense of humour.

Surfrat you need to getup here and help me with these. I want to go over them twice at least.

Rod the house are all built in the Early 50,s I think my headphones will deflect Bullets. LOL

poolboy

Mar 27, 2005
man floater! never A dull moment on your hunts. must of been exciting seeing all that action!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread