What's new

Sweated up a ring..a foreign coin..AND MY FIRST SILVER COIN

torreya

Full Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2013
Messages
111
Reaction score
156
Golden Thread
0
Braved the heat for a few hours today..got a cool steel spinner ring..A quarter from Trinidad and Tobago..and my first ever silver coin..A 1943 nickel. Of course I scratched it getting it out of the ground..twice. I knew what it was as soon as I saw it though..beautiful!
 

Attachments

  • 1435984144374.webp
    1435984144374.webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 182
Upvote 24
Nice finds and congrats on your first silver war nickel:thumbsup:
 
Congrats on that silver first and the other nice things :occasion14:
 
Congrats on your first silver coin!! Being your first, I bet you can't even see those scratches.
 
Congrats on the OD nickel!
 
I hope your first silver will be one of many to come. Happy Hunting to you.
 
nice group of finds, congrats on the nickel!
 
Congrats on your first...:occasion14: You will remember where you dug it for the rest of your life..
 
Last edited:
Nice OD (old dude) nickel and ring. It will be the first of many
 
Congrats on the first silver.......of course this is how it starts. Kinda becomes a sickness and obsession!!!! You need it more and more......good luck:laughing7:!
 
Congrats on the first silver.......of course this is how it starts. Kinda becomes a sickness and obsession!!!! You need it more and more......good luck:laughing7:!

Thanks everyone! I am definitely obsessed at this point. I have been at it for about 3 years now..Found some nice silver jewelry..but coins have eluded me. I go to parks but have yet to seek out permissions..people are kind of territorial up here in Montana..any advice? I want to broaden my scope.
 
Thanks everyone! I am definitely obsessed at this point. I have been at it for about 3 years now..Found some nice silver jewelry..but coins have eluded me. I go to parks but have yet to seek out permissions..people are kind of territorial up here in Montana..any advice? I want to broaden my scope.

if you are unsure about asking permission, do what ive done when I started knocking on doors, go to an area where you don't know anyone, typically for me its like 30 minutes away from home, and give your pitch, explain that you don't damage property, you don't use backhoe-type shovels, and you will take any and all trash out with you, sometimes I throw in that I will show whatever I may find to the owners and see If they want anything. hope that helps
 
Thanks everyone! I am definitely obsessed at this point. I have been at it for about 3 years now..Found some nice silver jewelry..but coins have eluded me. I go to parks but have yet to seek out permissions..people are kind of territorial up here in Montana..any advice? I want to broaden my scope.

As for permissions ,BYW..'I need to take my own advice' ... Just Ask.
Nice War nickel, Now next time you will dig more carefully when you find that "Key Date coin".
Davers
 
Congrats on the OD nickel
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom