What's new

Swim trip turns into creek walk

RPG

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Hello every one, it's been a while since I have had anything worthy of posting in this forum but here you go. Took the kids to a creek near my home to swim yesterday. This creek has allways had lots of quartzite flakes and chips mixed in with the gravel on the bars but until yesterday I have never found an artifact. I have found hundreds of points on the hills around the creek but not in it. This site is mostly archaic and out of hundreds of flint tools and points I have never found pottery. Hope you like it. RPG

Sorry no insitu, didn't expect to find anything so didn't have the camera.

creek walk.webp
 
Upvote 0
Clovis???!

Johnathan Griswold


I don't think so Johnathan. I have found a couple of clovis points and this one is not fluted nor does it have the workmanship commonly seen on a clovis. That being said, it is still a very well made point.
 
nice tallahattie quartzite blade what part of alabama are you from i find alot of that and sandstone material around enterprise,alabama where i live
 
Hi Bookummdano. I'm in Monroe county. Lots of quartzite here.
 
Thanks Americus.
 
Thanks Twitch.
 
great looking relic :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom