What's new

T2 SE Depth

coinman123

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2013
Messages
4,676
Reaction score
5,768
Golden Thread
2
Location
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I did ground test in 36 degree weather in my backyard. Found a 1950's zoo ring while clearing a dirt patch of targets. I only got 8" on a half dollar with my 15" DD coil, and 11" coil. Is this normal? Settings were BP, 99 sens, 10 Disc. I heard it should go much deeper on a coin this size.
 
I have never done depth tests, except for when I first got it, and don't measure my holes.
 
11" Air test for the 11" coil
9" for 5" coil
11" for the 15" coil
 
coinman123
8" on a half Dollar ?
That depth does not sound right,my avatar is a small pewter button found at 13" with a T2 LTD 2 in DE process.
The T2 is a very deep machine...your T2 needs too be looked at.
Gary
 
How are your ground conditions? Ground will certainly dictate depth.
 
It was cold out though, 36 degrees, ground was frozen overnight but thawed by mid morning. No trace of a half past 9 inches. Low 4 bars at beginning for battery, 3 bars at end of my testing (I put batteries in early in the year and have used it several times). Leafy soil where I did it, deepest extremely consistent signal was at 7 and a half inches. I think I have gotten deeper in the past. Should I test in the woods at one of my sites on Saturday, if it is still poor depth should I send it to Teknetics?
 
Last edited:
coinman123
8" on a half Dollar ?
That depth does not sound right,my avatar is a small pewter button found at 13" with a T2 LTD 2 in DE process.
The T2 is a very deep machine...your T2 needs too be looked at.
Gary

I have 2 T2 SEs. One was purchased in late 2013, the other in early 2015 I think (DST). I tested with my 2015 one today, should I compare to my 2013 one?
 
Air test for 2015 T2 is actually 10 inches for Half using standard coil. Can someone tell me what they got when they checked?
 
This counterfeit T2 does better with air test lol
 
I cleaned the coil and re connected it, I got faint 12 inches for half in air test.
 
Last edited:
I cleaned the coil and re connected it, I got faint 12 inches for half in air test.
Well 12" sure is better than 8" closer to good depth.
I see in your post #6 that you buried it in leafy soil...freshly buried coins don`t sound off to good,they have to be in the soil a year or longer to sound off good.
In your back yard,might be some EMI from phone/power lines,dog fence,wi fi...not a good place to test imo.
Gary
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom