What's new

Table Runner?

Chance.D

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 26, 2014
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fayette county, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought this table runner, I think it is, because it was so unusual. I have tried to find out what all the symbols mean but honestly I'm not sure how it all ties in together. Measurements are 22 1/2" by 13". I would be very grateful to anyone's help.

Thank you!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3971.webp
    IMG_3971.webp
    919.5 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_3973.webp
    IMG_3973.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_3972.webp
    IMG_3972.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 173
I'm thinking (Old Testament) Biblical references, Crowned Diety (With Seven Candles) figure commanding four horse chariot with Cherubim in tow, and the winged, lion-like creatures may be Seraphim (?) Interesting design for sure! Sub 8-)
 
Upvote 0
Winged 4-legged creatures look like gryphons/griffins.
 
Upvote 0
Winged 4-legged creatures look like gryphons/griffins.

I thought that first also, bulrush, but the creatures have human faces, as opposed to lion or dragon faces...so maybe Sphinx or similar?
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
what's up the red and green stitching, two locations near the bottom?
the 2 round balls
is it colored thread?
can you send better pics of the colored stitching?
maybe its painted thread?IMO
Brady
 
Upvote 0
IMO
Because the stitching is so pixilated, looks to be modern machine made
Brady
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom