What's new

Tag help.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
This tag looks old and has a number 18 on it. Any ideas what this could be? :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 219
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 187
  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 192
  • 010.webp
    010.webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 206
  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    37.9 KB · Views: 203
G, I'll say this again, YOU find the neatest items! I don't know what type of tag that is, but it looks very old. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
I believe this is what you found. They were made in various shapes. Now days they are plastic.

Cow Tags.webp
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
G, I'll say this again, YOU find the neatest items! I don't know what type of tag that is, but it looks very old. Breezie
Thanks Breezie. :wink:
MSRelic said:
I believe this is what you found. They were made in various shapes. Now days they are plastic.
I like the idea of a cow tag. I thought they only used Crotal bells. The number style, crude shape and patina tells me that it isn't a tool tag. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
It could be a workmans chit. An employer would issue the workman a number of chits to be used to exchange for the tools he is using.
 
Upvote 0
:icon_scratch:

What's interesting is that it looks to have ment,to be worn. But the 18 is the wrong way aound :icon_scratch:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
:icon_scratch:

What's interesting is that it looks to have ment,to be worn. But the 18 is the wrong way aound :icon_scratch:

SS
I agree, interesting placement of the number. :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom