Take a penny/leave a penny OR???

Nydus Touch

Jan 9, 2013
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I was at the counter of a gas station and happened to notice a suspiciously silver looking Canadian dime sitting in a clear dish all by itself. So in my best confused sounding voice I asked: "what is that?" followed up with the old "hmmm.... can I have it?". One "I don't care..." later: I was the proud owner of a 1953 Canadian Dime. :laughing7: Keep an eye out for that good silver: it is everywhere!

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since it was Canadian ill say you're ok for not replacing it if you didnt- but always replace it if its US- I took a couple wheats once and dropped a couple lincolns in

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

manoverboard70

Sep 15, 2013
I found an Indian head once, all I had was a quarter so I tossed it in. The guy at the register said he collected and asked if he could have it, I politely said I would check to see if I had it already. Long story short. .... never went back to that gas station lol.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
wheats for zimcs --got a 1913 that way once ...

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found an Indian head once, all I had was a quarter so I tossed it in. The guy at the register said he collected and asked if he could have it, I politely said I would check to see if I had it already. Long story short. .... never went back to that gas station lol.

HAHA

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea I've pulled a lot of wheats out of there but they're usually from the 40s or 50s

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other

what a liar, if he collected coin, he would have looked in the first place, good move dawg.

Computer Jones

Oct 23, 2012
The Great Pacific North Wet. (I can see Canada whe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually search for Cu in the TAPLAP tray and can pull about 20 to 30 from a 1/2 full 6" or 7" wide tray in about a minute while waiting for change.
(I've even found a few war nick's that way.)

It seems just like I'm searching an unwrapped roll I dumped in a dish at home, just a little faster and focusing on "high grading" what's there.

I usually toss a clad dime back. More than once the Cashier takes the dime and pockets it.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've swapped out a wheat once but 20-30 while waiting in line....lol. I would love to witness this myself. Some people just find walking into banks you don't have an account at a little awkward. This is on a whole other level!

crhgymnast1

Jun 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People do unconventional things for silver in the CRH'n forum, and I think this classifies as such. it is'unt like he bought a coin on ebay and said "I GOT THIS FOR UNDERSPOT!!!!1!!!1!" Understand?

Umm I apologize making a mistake when looking at the item.

crhgymnast1

Jun 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apology accepted dawg, but I wasnt talking 'bout you directly, there have been 100 others so you ain't alone. You are however are the only one man enough to step up to da plate and apologize.

Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread