taking a break - YTD totals so far ...

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I am going to be moving again. Third time this year. :tongue3: I sell a house, move into it, fix it up and sell it again. NOt a bad way to make what I consider pretty decent money. But, this is the last move for a LONG time, as my wife has said "no more". Now that JJ (My six month old son) is here, she wants to stay in a house for YEARS to come. So, the fun (LOLOL) of moving is over for a while.

I'm not going to be able to do much CRH for a while. Time to pack instead. So here are my "July month end totals", even though it's not the end of July yet.

They might be close to my August month end totals too, depending on how much I get done and how much I can play!

I added lots of wheat cents from the bags I bought (from the old man dropping off his hoard at the bank coin counter.) Same with nickels, including silver war nickels. Not much new in halves, as I don't order boxes anymore (nothing in them!). I get lose ones while picking up pennies, so I added a few silver, but not much.

Here's YTD:

2009 CRH Totals: 7/22/2009

Indian Head Penny 1
Wheat Cents 1,404
1943 Steel Cents 1
Buffalo Nickels
Silver (War) Nickels 17
Other Pre 1960 (& 60 - 62 Plain) Nickels 277
Merc Dimes
Silver Roosies 3
Silver Wash Qtrs 6
Franklin Halves 27
1964 (90%) Kennedy 10
1965 – 70 (40%) Kennedy 71
NIFC Kennedy 68
Proof Kennedy 13

Copper Memorial Pennies 88,000

Enjoy. I"ll check the board daily still. Just not doing (m)any boxes. So I'll be here, although not actively searching.

john

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I have thought about getting into the business. How hard is it? Do you have any info I can look up about it? Pointers.

Golden Silver

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Yes, how do you live in the house and work on it at the same time?? I remodeled a house like that once, and basically had to move everything over to one half while I worked on the other half, then switch sides to complete. A major headache, and there was no place to "chill". Besides, when you construct, drywall, paint, lay carpet, run mouldings, etc., etc., you use completely different tools and supplies....it seems easier to get it ALL done at the same time while you are at it.
- Grizz

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle
Well I would hate to see you take a break, because your finds had inspired me to take on pennies, Good luck!!! Maybe my wheat and copper count will increase now :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread