Re: Tale of the "wall of silver mine"up in the Keweenaw.....
Wolverine,
I think it could certainly be arranged to meet him. I wouldn't wait too long, he's pretty feeble looking now. Must be late 80s or so.
If you let me know I can get ahold of him. He still does book signings and so forth, but I think if we called him he would love to sit down and talk about it. I took an immediate liking to him, very nice guy.
Thompy,
The mine was supposedly worked by some very early miners that lived a winter or two with one of the tribes. The entrance of the mine caved in, and they had to dig an escape tunnel. They didn't survive the next winter...... There is certainly a lot of historical research in the book. It is a very enjoyable read. If you can't find one up there let me know, it is in every book store in this area. (Petoskey to Traverse City)
Good Luck and stay warm!
Mark