Talk, talk, enough talk already.

I had been challenged by certain skeptics to compare my dowsing shots to throwing a tennis ball into the air. I DID. Guess what I came up with? Well, to see the results I posted, go to "Dowsing" / "A miss by an inch is as good as a mile", page 9. ENJOY the read of what happened.

Ah, I recalled the discussion, but not with whom, and wasn't gonna spend the time to find it. Funny it was you. Les, you do realize that the experiment showed that just random digging produced about the same results as dowsing. Statistically, they were neck-n-neck. Not a very impressive show for dowsing.

What I keep wondering is, why are you dowsing for pieces of trash instead of silver coins? As you know, tennis balls can easily find the trash. I'd like to see something dowsing can do that tennis balls can't.

I'd like to see something dowsing can do that tennis balls can't.

Gee Carl. Did you ever try to find your tool with a tennis ball

Art. You make me laugh. Who can throw a tennis ball several miles distance and it hits a really nice target? Went dowsing today. Ground is still frozen, so I will go back when the ground is warmed up. Let's remember, a miss by an inch is as good as missing by a mile, and this fact applies to dowsing. Are we trying to impress anyone with astronomical performance results? Actually a 12.5 percent lead is significant. Anyone who thinks that is a neck and neck situation does not know what they are talking about, much less know anything worthwhile.

Last edited:
Art. If dowsing does not work, we could not show pictures of finds or post dowsings claims of any kind.

Last edited:
Art. If dowsing does not work, we could not show pictures of finds or post dowsings claims of any kind.

Then post those finds on the "today's find" section. Or up for peer-review on the "general section". You most certainly can post those finds there.

Then post those finds on the "today's find" section. Or up for peer-review on the "general section". You most certainly can post those finds there.

And get more people like you here? No thank you...Art

Art.

Stay tuned. More dowsing find pictures coming up, weather permitting that is.

The ground is still frozen rock hard but I will keep track of where my hits are and go back and dig them up when possible. We still have the rest of this year left to do that and that is a long time. In the mean time, I will post the number of hits I have each time I go out dowsing.

Les.

Last edited:
Actually a 12.5 percent lead is significant. Anyone who thinks that is a neck and neck situation does not know what they are talking about, much less know anything worthwhile.

Les, if you understood statistics you would not be impressed with those results. The tennis ball experiment showed what it was intended to show: just picking random spots will likely produce a piece of metal trash. In dowsing for spots, you are also likely to produce a piece of metal trash. In either case, you may get lucky and find a coin, as I did once. But the odds overwhelmingly favor finding metal trash. What is it again that you're finding?

A day in the sun with ol' Carl would be worth months of digging up tidbits of trash. Send me an invite if you're ever interested, one of us is bound to learn something.

Les, if you understood statistics you would not be impressed with those results. The tennis ball experiment showed what it was intended to show: just picking random spots will likely produce a piece of metal trash. In dowsing for spots, you are also likely to produce a piece of metal trash. In either case, you may get lucky and find a coin, as I did once. But the odds overwhelmingly favor finding metal trash. What is it again that you're finding?

A day in the sun with ol' Carl would be worth months of digging up tidbits of trash. Send me an invite if you're ever interested, one of us is bound to learn something.

If there was 12.5% chance of living through a scenario most people would never attempt it.

...people like you ...

That's fine. Then you will get no alternative views. Because as you correctly surmise: Those alternative views (aside from Carl), do not present themselves here. Which is totally fine.

Art. If dowsing does not work at all, the lead would be a flat "0" lead. Only an ignorant fool would ignore or reject the leader no matter the statistical edge the leader has. If that were so, racers who beats the competition by tiny margins would not be given the gold metal. It's very clear who is who and what around here. Let's say they are sore losers. Going to go dowsing again today when it is a little warmer.

Last edited:
That's fine. Then you will get no alternative views. Because as you correctly surmise: Those alternative views (aside from Carl), do not present themselves here. Which is totally fine.

Science and fact vs perception of events usually never goes well in any situation.

Art. Skeptics fit the biblical prophecy that there will come a time when mankind in their awful condition, will be always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. That day has arrived and the skeptics are deeply anchored in that condition. Truly sad.

Last edited:
I went dowsing today. Something happened that should not happen. I found two things; a piece of aluminum foil and a double "A" battery. I will have to post their picture on Monday. I am working with a new smart phone. As a dowser, I am now "technically challenged" dah. I know, skeptics just can't wait.

Last edited:
I went dowsing today. Something happened that should not happen. I found two things; a piece of aluminum foil and a double "A" battery.

A far more useful accounting might go like this:

"I went dowsing today, specifically dowsing for silver. I got 5 hits and marked each one. Then I used a metal detector to scan a radius of 3 feet around each marked point. With 1 of the dowsed locations I found a piece of aluminum foil 2" deep, 2 feet NE of the marked point. With another dowsed location I found a AA battery 3" deep, 1.5 feet NW of the marked point. With the other 3 dowsed locations, nothing was detected within 3 feet."

Detailed information like this can be phenomenally valuable in figuring things out.

I went dowsing today. Something happened that should not happen. I found two things; a piece of aluminum foil and a double "A" battery. I will have to post their picture on Monday. I am working with a new smart phone. As a dowser, I am now "technically challenged" dah. I know, skeptics just can't wait.

Pretty sure no one here has said they don't believe you find things while dowsing. All my dowsing buddies find "things" all the time. One went out with his custom tellurium copper rod today and found many "things". If he comes over again during the week I'll ask him to bring them along so I can take some pictures.

DOWSING IS NOT A MAGIC ART OR AN EXERCISE FOR THE ?BRAIN OF BRITAIN? TYPES.

IT IS NOT MEANT TO BE ANALYSED OR REASONED ABOUT.

IT IS THERE TO BE TAKEN ON TRUST ? TRUST THAT ANYONE CAN DEVELOP THE SKILL.

A LITTLE PATIENCE AND PRACTICE IS THE KEY.

IF YOU FEEL THAT IT COULD BE FOR YOU, DO NOT HESITATE, JUST GO FOR IT

AND

ENJOY IT

A far more useful accounting might go like this:

"I went dowsing today, specifically dowsing for silver. I got 5 hits and marked each one. Then I used a metal detector to scan a radius of 3 feet around each marked point. With 1 of the dowsed locations I found a piece of aluminum foil 2" deep, 2 feet NE of the marked point. With another dowsed location I found a AA battery 3" deep, 1.5 feet NW of the marked point. With the other 3 dowsed locations, nothing was detected within 3 feet."

Detailed information like this can be phenomenally valuable in figuring things out.

Carl your INSULTS are beginning to show what you really are. No one is getting anything useful from it. Why not post something to help?

Carl your INSULTS are beginning to show what you really are. No one is getting anything useful from it. Why not post something to help?

If I were trying to figure out how to get better at dowsing -- more accurate, more consistent -- I would meticulously record every single dowsing attempt I made. Not just what I listed above, but also stuff like time of day, temperature, mood, perceived strength of response, kp index, lots of stuff I can't think of right now. Most importantly, I'd be just as emphatic in recording every single failure as I'd be with every single success... both matter enormously. If I didn't want to figure out what is going on, then I'd just dowse willy-nilly and keep digging up bits of garbage.

I'm humored that you found genuinely useful information to be an insult.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back