Tampa anyone?

davemcc

Sep 11, 2009
Brandon, FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CZ-3D, CZ-5
Welcome aboard Dig Dig! New to the hobby or just the forum? What types of hunting do you like to do?

OP
OP
The Dig Dig

The Dig Dig

Aug 25, 2013
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites E-Series (as my back up) Whites Surf Pro P.I. (for water) and a Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard Dig Dig! New to the hobby or just the forum? What types of hunting do you like to do?

My parents got me into beepen 31 years ago when I lived in New England. Now I'm in Florida and it sucks, very few old places here compared to my home state

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My parents got me into beepen 31 years ago when I lived in New England. Now I'm in Florida and it sucks, very few old places here compared to my home state

Maybe time to move to beach hunting? You're surrounded by them you know! :) I like beach tecting the most anyway. Better scenery too!

OP
OP
The Dig Dig

The Dig Dig

Aug 25, 2013
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites E-Series (as my back up) Whites Surf Pro P.I. (for water) and a Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been doing waste deep water beach hunting for 5-6 years. It's ok but I miss finding 100+ year old silver coins. And its hit or miss with the beaches down here cause every guy that lives with 5 miles of a beach dies that beach. For me the closest beach is an hour away.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I know what you mean. Digging junk clad an hot wheels gets a little old.

OP
OP
The Dig Dig

The Dig Dig

Aug 25, 2013
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Davemc you up for beepen sometime. I'm on rt 60, valrico right next door to Brandon

davemcc

Sep 11, 2009
Brandon, FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CZ-3D, CZ-5
Hey Dig Dig just saw your post... yeah let's meet up. It's late notice but I'm open tomorrow if you want to get out. I'm just around the corner near Rt. 60 and Lakewood.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Dig Dig

The Dig Dig

Aug 25, 2013
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Text me when you have a chance............. I found a nice 64 Roosevelt today at a church in Clearwater but to be honest it was only because I was driving by it. I'm having a hard time finding places to beep that produce or at least can potentially produce more than clad coins..... Basically I'm saying I have no suggestions on where to go. I've been driving around & doing foreclosed house that are old.. You have any spots?

Last edited:

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I come to trampa often, stay over in the Fishhawk lithia, a lot of history over there, and population compared to east coast of Florida. Ybor and downtown is good to look for loose dirt a lot of construction in that area. As well as some old homes. Even though majority are sealed and rest are padlocked, there are tunnels running from the port to ybor for the old time speakeasy's.

Elusive82

Oct 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, just saw this thread. I'm new at metal detecting and I'm in the Clearwater area. I have a Garrett 250 and I'm pretty good at using it. Now I just need to learn how to find some good spots to find old stuff. I've found a spot in Safety Harbor that I'd like to check out. Has anyone been there?

OP
OP
The Dig Dig

The Dig Dig

Aug 25, 2013
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Message me if interested

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions