Bill - De
Jr. Member
I live near the beach in Delaware, and have been detecting dry sand beaches, to the water, and ankle-deep, for many years. I am not a young guy (65), but I am decent shape, and would like to start hunting in a little farther out: knee to waist deep. Tried it a few times this past week, and I am having a very difficult time putting that 5" round, long-handle stainless scoop over the target. I have worked 15 minutes trying to recover a good-sounding target, only to give it up. This has happened to me 3 times now.
Can any of you experienced surf hunters help me? Maybe I need a wider, oval-shaped scoop? How do you hang on to your detector while using both hands to lift the sand-filled scoop? How do you get it back on target, if you don't recover anything the first, or second or 10th time?
Gettin' frustrated.
CZ-20
Sea Hunter II
Can any of you experienced surf hunters help me? Maybe I need a wider, oval-shaped scoop? How do you hang on to your detector while using both hands to lift the sand-filled scoop? How do you get it back on target, if you don't recover anything the first, or second or 10th time?
Gettin' frustrated.
CZ-20
Sea Hunter II
Upvote
0
Then I realized this would be work to make and work to use. Since I detect for relaxation I gave it up. I used to use a 2" suction dredge to clean freshwater beaches and the over burden was to great and the catch basket filled up to fast with small rocks, clams, etc and not many rings to make it worth while. Also a Overkill Overkill idea.






