Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friends of ours live just up the road. She is always asking me what I find, and such. In the winter I told her when spring hits I would let her use my ATP and come along for a dig. She was ecstatic!

We planned for today, then she called last night and said she forgot it was her anniversary today, but she still wanted to go early. She came over about 9:00am and I showed her the basics on the machine and we headed out.

It's fun watching someone detect for the first time, the sore arm, being overwhelmed with noise, trying to locate a target. She was getting discouraged until she recovered her first coin, a 1946 Wheatie! She also managed to find a nice two centimetre crotal bell. I dug the 1888 IH cent. She was pumped, and I could see the gleam of addiction in her eye.

Her husband came home from work, saw us and came over. He wanted to try, dug some junk, and said "this is fun!". Then they went to feed their kids lunch and wait for her parents to come watch the kids so they could have some alone time on their anniversary.

I carried on and found the large cent, I'm pretty happy as I don't often dig them. Then she messaged and asked if they could take the ATPro for the afternoon out into the country and try a spot he thought would be good, I said for sure.

They are spending their anniversary alone time metal detecting haha! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457902219.221825.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457902252.569673.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457902280.868281.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457902310.044747.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457902331.162713.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 16
That's a great story. At least they did not outdo You by finding something better. The last time I took a beginner he made a beeline for a very trashy area of the site that was a dump and was nothing but aluminum cans. I was on my way over to tell him not to waste his time he'll go crazy digging garbage and he found a coin spill with three Flying Eagles a fatty Indian and a 2 cent piece. And then had the nerve to act disappointed because the coins were corroded. Thank God I made some kind of come back with a civil war rifleman's button. But I know I never would have found that spill because I was avoiding that area.

Haha that's crazy, what an insane spill for a first time out. I hope you told him how special it was.

Awesome story. Maybe they went out and bought each other new machines for there anniversary. Good job on the finds too

They still have my ATP, but I need it back as my backup. BUT today I remembered I bought my dad a detector when I got my ATP in 2011. It's a pioneer 505, and he has never used it due to his double knee replacement. The walking and kneeling would be too painful.

I'm taking it over to them tomorrow and they can use it as much as they like.

Great thread JC. It is great that they have found something they enjoy doing together. They may blame you though once the addiction really kicks in:laughing7:

Thanks OD, I hope they enjoy it. Too many couples don't ever do anything like that together. Plus if they are both addicted, neither will point it out haha!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back