What's new

Tax Token

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2007
Messages
1,379
Reaction score
642
Golden Thread
1
Location
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
I know what it is, if this is the wrong spot for it sorry. I just want some info. on it. I joined a yahoo group about tax tokens and the last post on it was like 2006. Haven't found a whole lot of info. on line other than history of tax tokens and general info. So does anyone recognize this one? Tell me anything about it. Thanks for any input! Shane
 

Attachments

  • taxtoken 002 (Small).webp
    taxtoken 002 (Small).webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 346
  • taxtoken 001 (Small).webp
    taxtoken 001 (Small).webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 335
Metal one mill (1/10¢) state sales tax tokens like this one were used in New Mexico from 1935 to 1942, when they were replaced with fiber tokens as part of the national effort to conserve metals for wartime purposes.

It's worth about 25-50¢.
 
Upvote 0
Nice token. I have only found two tokens and one is the same as yours.
 
Upvote 0
Beans, welcome to Tnet. Are you going to be a token collector? After reading back on this thread I see i didn't make it clear I didn't dig this one. It was in my collection. I really don't recall how I got it, probably from another Taxi Cab owner friend of mine that also collects (coins), well she collects to sell where I'm for the most part the type to hold on to everything. I've been going through some of my bins seeing what i have and running across a couple of odd ones. Cheers, Shane
 
Upvote 0
RickyP said:
Bigcypresshunter,
you must be from louisiana too
my wife was from Churchpoint La.
 
Upvote 0
shanegalang said:
Beans, welcome to Tnet. Are you going to be a token collector? After reading back on this thread I see i didn't make it clear I didn't dig this one. It was in my collection. I really don't recall how I got it, probably from another Taxi Cab owner friend of mine that also collects (coins), well she collects to sell where I'm for the most part the type to hold on to everything. I've been going through some of my bins seeing what i have and running across a couple of odd ones. Cheers, Shane

Thanks for the welcome. I think I will collect them, find them very interesting. I dug mine up in a park in Oklahoma.
 
Upvote 0
Now thats a unique token. I like it.

@ PBK, how is it that you know like everything about anything instantly?
 
Upvote 0
I found a NM tax token in California!! The one I found is smaller than a dime and appears to be silver or maybe lead.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom