Blacksox21
Greenie
Not sure if this belongs on this forum but here it goes. I went to TD bank today to pick up some pennies for my bosses. I know two of the tellers there, so while I was B.S-ing with one of them I notice a guy dumping a large bucket of change into the coin counting machine. He recieves his slip from the machine and gets his money and leaves. I commented to the teller that he never checked the reject tray, she told me to go check it out. Glad I did, ended up walking away with $25.61. Checked for silver coins since I know the machines often reject them, but none were present. Today is also my Birthday, so this was a nice birthday surprise. Now if I could just get the bank to sell me their half dollar bags I'd really have it good. One of the tellers commented to me once that a woman turned in $20 dollars in Peace dollars. But the teller was smart enough to buy them herself, all 22s though so no key dates.
Upvote
0
) I will give them to the person after they cash in their ticket and walk by the machine to leave (if they are still in the bank when I find the coins). They always are thankful even if it is only a few cents. I would feel bad taking it if they are still in the bank.
I looked for the old woman, but she was gone from sight, and, let's be honest, it's an airport and I have a plane to catch. I wasn't going to run frantically looking for her when I didn't know for sure she had dropped it - I didn't SEE her drop it, I swear - and I wouldn't know where to look for her regardless. Now, I would feel bad taking some grandma's pin money. Had I SEEN her drop it I would be the first one to return it - I often return money to clerks in stores when they hand me too much back. That said, I had no idea whose this was, and I'm sharp enough to realize an opportunistic clerk isn't going to say it's NOT his (probably) when some travelling fool hands him a Benjamin. 







