What's new

TDI or MXT

MoonWalkThePlank

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2009
Messages
34
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rogers, Arkansas
If you were going to use only one detector for a variety of things primarily cache hunting, ghost town detecting, and gold prospecting. Which detector would you use?

Im thinking about a TDI versus and MXT. Both are great for prospecting I believe but which is better for cache hunting? What coil would you use?
 
If what I'm hearing about the TDI is true, it is a great machine for all the above. I haven't used one, but I would go with the TDI if I could. It comes with a 12" coil, which should be all you need with the PI.
 
Cool thanks for the reply Kentucky,

Can I also throw the new Spectrum (v3 i think it is) into the mix?

Spectrum Vs. MXT Vs TDI for all around detecting including prospecting.
 
I've never used those, but I would guess any of them would be good enough, especially of you have a decent size coil. I've only used the DFX and Classic ID.
 
I Have both And for cache hunting my pick would be the TDI. The stock 12" coil should be ok.
 
12 inches coil of TDI is limited only to 12 inch deep
 
bga78 said:
12 inches coil of TDI is limited only to 12 inch deep

Somebody didn't properly set their computers parental control.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom