What's new

Teardrop pendant 950...is this platinum?

Must811

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2006
Messages
69
Reaction score
50
Golden Thread
0
Location
Boca Raton, Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I actually found this about a year ago, but now that I have a decent camera. thought I'd post some pics and get some opinions. It is a teardrop pendant and is stamped 950 AU China on the back. The U appears to be an odd shape though, not sure what that means. Is this platinum?
 

Attachments

  • teardrop.webp
    teardrop.webp
    5.2 KB · Views: 3,312
  • teardropstamp.webp
    teardropstamp.webp
    6.1 KB · Views: 3,340
Upvote 0
I have found sterling that was marked 950 before.
 
Must811 said:
I actually found this about a year ago, but now that I have a decent camera. thought I'd post some pics and get some opinions. It is a teardrop pendant and is stamped 950 AU China on the back. The U appears to be an odd shape though, not sure what that means. Is this platinum?

AU, is the symbol for gold. If it was just stamped 950, I might have thought Platinum, or even antique Mexican silver. Hmmm..
 
Must11, does the earring have a golden hue to it..or does it have a platinum look?

That could be a portion of the Jeweler's name.

L
 
best description is a gold hue.....
 
AU is gold, .950 is approximately 22KT.
 
950 could be either silver or platinum. Just do a test for silver, it should be silver.
 
It's usually a silver from around Peru. But it's silver. Still nice.
 
AU is the symbol for gold but being that pure it has to be a dark yellow in color because of no additives. Could be plat or silver. Do an Acid test.
 
Just got back from having it tested....its silver. Really nice silver though! Going to add it to my collection.
 
Must811 said:
Just got back from having it tested....its silver. Really nice silver though! Going to add it to my collection.

Great News! I now believe the AU, stands for "African Union" as China purchases a lot of Silver from Africa.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom