What's new

Technicolor 300????? Help...What is it?

Wheels

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
42
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Hi… I have this "Technicolor 300"; that I don't know anything about it, it looks like a slide projector but I can't find out any information about it either and since I never heard of it I don't want to put my old slides in it. Can anyone help me find out what this machine is?


Thank You
 

Attachments

  • proj 001.webp
    proj 001.webp
    54.8 KB · Views: 383
  • proj 002.webp
    proj 002.webp
    70.7 KB · Views: 403
  • proj 003.webp
    proj 003.webp
    65.3 KB · Views: 396
Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure the Technicolor stands for the brand, not the color process. Technicolor Inc. produced motion picture and other equipment for decades, and also owned Technicolor Motion Picture Corporation which pioneered the Technicolor color film process used by Hollywood from 1922 to 1952.

I haven't found all the details yet, but Technicolor Inc. Was purchased by Thomson SA, who continued to produce some products under the Technicolor name for a little while, along with hundreds of other labels including RCA, Thomson Consumer Electronics and GE consumer electronics, all subsidiaries of Thomson SA.

I'm sure someone can post more detailed info, as I only had a few minutes to search a couple dozen sites and got these little snippets.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom