TEJON is on its way to my door!!

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
Just took the plunge and bought a used Tejon. Got a pretty good deal, I think. Also got Killer Bee headphones, the 5.75 coil, and a lesche digger with it! Got these items for about half the price as new. That's why I bought the TEJON instead of the others b/c this one was actually cheaper! I'll use it and if I don't like it, I'll trade it for something else.

Well, what are the Tejon tips for me just starting out? I'm particularly concerned about ground balance and stability at this point from what I've read.

Thanks,

Ian

frednga

Apr 1, 2007
Union Point,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Teknetics T2
I seen that one for sale,I think you got a really good deal.I tried 2 different detectors from another brand recently.Found out that I didn't like them as much as Cibola or Silver that I had.So, sold one back to the guy I bought it from,traded other for cortes.I think I will stay with Tesoro's from now on.If you want to sell the killer bees let me know.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like you got a great deal and at that price you can't lose. Like you mentioned, if it's not your thing you could get your money back easily. The best times to sell any detector are from December to April. I set a high price on my used machines for BUY-IT-NOW and consistently get higher prices than most. In fact, if I buy used I usually make money on the detector.

The biggest thing with the Tejon is to ground balance it slightly positive as shown on the Tesoro video (at the Tesoro site).

If you run on max sensitivity you'll probably here some ground mineralization in the form of pops and crackles, etc. If you back it down to 10 or 9 it will get quiet. If your soil has low mineralization then it will run quiet even with max sensitivity and will only pop or crackle as it discriminates out unwanted targets.

Just set the sensitivity at FOIL and dig all solid smooth signals. Iron will give a solid but clipped signal. It's a blunt sound that you'll learn as you use it. Most all coins and rings give a very distinct smooth tight signal. This is the beauty of Tesoro.

The Tejon is as deep as any VLF (except the Nexus) and it's the easiest to use of any. Why some sell their Tejon's is more than I can even imagine unless they just don't hunt or they're hooked on the meter gimmick.

Best to you and I hope you like yours half as much as I like my Tejon.

Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread