Tejon verses the Vaquero

I would say to get the Tejon if you can afford it. They are however very close in performance with the Tejon in a slight lead. This way you would have two very good machines to use. You can never have to many detectors.

Sandman put it right.

Both are very good detectors. Certain people like Tesoros and you seem to be one of them (I am too).

The think that makes the biggest difference in the Tesoro machines is the coil used.

Badger

i've had both and depends what you are hunting for if it's coins for me it's the vaquero now if it's relic hunts then the tejon, did find coins with it but struggled

I think it depend a lot on where you want to use it. The Tejon seems to do very well in the eastern and midwest states. It is a PO$ where I live, about 4 to 5 inches on a quarter is tops in the mineralized soil of my area. My Vaq is waaaaaaay better than a Tejon here. I tried to use the T for a few months and couldn't get any performace out of it, so I took it and a bucket of my dirt to the tesoro factory in Prescott, they fooled around with it but it wasn't any better when I got it back. The T just doesn't like alkali soil with a lot of magnetite in it. Those who say it is better than the V probably haven't tried to use it west of the Rocky's. The Vaquero is my favorite detector.

Well said AUDuke. All detectors can work well in some areas and not so well in others. When One guy says his detector sucks it only means where he is hunting or his settings might me off from what we would use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back