Nokta Makro: Legend
XP: Deus 2
Minelab: Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Just got a new Tek-Point and on all other settings other than the standard lowest sensitivity level, it falses every time I touch the ground with it. Ive tried turning it on with the tip touching the ground, etc. Seems to work fine at the lowest sensitivity level but no others. Any ideas?
Try shaking it and listen if the batteries rattle. I had a new F-Pulse once that had a weak compression spring and the batteries went intermittent during physical action. Fisher replaced the spring/cap and it all got good. The F-Pulse and TEK Point is the same, with a different label.

CPT_GhostLight

Greenie
Jul 21, 2021
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, & ProFind 35, Whites Prizm 6T, Fisher Gold Bug 2 & F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the falsing problems have to do with the batteries being used.

First check that the batteries are being held securely as mention above. The early models had a weaker spring that caused connection problems. That has been replaced with a more robust spring in current models.

Also the type of batteries can directly affect the pinpointer (F-Pulse & Tek-Point). If you use standard alkaline AA batteries, there should be less falsing issues. Lithium batteries tend to affect the pinpointers more. Regardless, If you change battery types, it a good idea to do a recalibration. This will adjust the pinpointer to the type of metal in the batteries and end the falsing problems. I run mine at max setting all the time with no problems after recalibrating. I only need to recalibrate if I change from alkaline to lithium or visa-versa. Hope that helps.

Here is the extended manual showing how to do recalibrations.

Attachments

• Fisher_F-Pulse_OperationR2.txt
    11.4 KB · Views: 37

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread