What's new

Tek-Point - New Pinpointer from Teknetics Metal Detectors

Rick K

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
756
Reaction score
716
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another one just announced today

 
Wonder when these will be available. Also curious to see price on them too......and why it is so much more advanced than what we already use.
 
Available very soon. This is an new design, Carl Moreland was involved - he's the head of electrical engineering at First Texas (the mothership). it's a Pulse induction detector and said to be very deep by a friend of mine who has tested it.
 
Any idea of a time frame for this to hit the market? I'm going to give it a shot
 
Two things I like about this. It says it has a adjustable LED light. I hope you can turn it off to save the battery. Next the speaker is at the end of the handle. I have a lot of trouble hearing my Whites TRX.
 
I can confirm the LED turns off.
 
Any word on when this pointer will be in our hands?
 
Got pushed back to mid January unfortunately.
 
It is past mid January. What is the latest?
 
Used an ebay coupon to get one. Awesome, hotter than my black Garrett, adjustable alarm and vibrate, uses two AA batteries instead of 9v and is waterproof.

I see in the manual you can change it to run on one of 16 different frequencies if it's interfering with your detector.
 
Love mine,..been tellin everybody lol. I haven't even looked at the adjustabilities yet. Had it out about 8 hunts I think. I like it cause it works great but also it's simple on/off function. My Grrt Carrot always gave me fits just turning off and on. Not this one.
 
I got the fisher equivalent. I thought it might unseat my TRX as prime pointer. It didn't. The vibration was much weaker (I don't use sound.) and covered a larger area than the TRX. It didn't seem to get stronger as I came closer to the midpoint of the target. When I ratcheted it, it was hard to locate where it would vibrate again. On deeper targets, it wouldn't vibrate at all where the TRX gave a good signal. I had both at maximum sensitivity. I thought it being deep on the sides would be a help locating the target but for me it was much easier to locate with the TRX. After dark the Fisher lights up the area where the TRX is lacking so then I will be using it. Don't get me wrong, it is a very good pinpointer with some advantages but for me the TRX still rules. YMMV
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom