What's new

Tek T2 HELP, please!

Kevinito

Greenie
Joined
Jul 1, 2012
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I have recently purchased a Tek T2 with both the 11" and 5" coil (with headphones). For the past two weeks, I have been detecting around the yard and about the area (in gold country, Union County, NC). I am getting TONS of trash and very few coinage (recent pennies mostly), no gold and a couple of relics (after fast grab procedure). All of these object were less than 6 inches from the surface. Am I detecting too shallow for anything worthwhile? While I do feel good by removing pounds of trash beneath the surface, I would like to get something decent.

My following questions:

1. What is the percentage of digging something worthwhile versus trash? Is it always good to dig?
2. Is it better to manual ground balance (getting anywhere from 50 to 74 with fast grab)?
3. Using all metal mode (+1, 60 sensitivity) and discrimination mode (around 60 with three tones: low, medium and high). Is this OK?
4. Does my 11" coil detect fully at the center of the coil? Does it begin to detect at the front of the coil? How does pinpointing work in this case?
5. Anyone know of any place to detect around Charlotte?

Thanks ahead of time.

-Kevin
 
Last edited:
Sorry - I had to edit my original post (discrimination mode using three tones).

Thoughts?

Anyone?
 
Kevin,
With more experince your treasure to trash ratio will improve. Only way to learn is dig every repeatable target and gain experience. I always prefer manual ground balance. I believ its more accurate but to me not a huge deal. Tape a few targets on a piece of cardboard and flip them over in a fairly clean area and practice pin pointing. This practice will answer all your pin pointing questions.
 
Kevin
I have 1 55 gallon drum full of junk this year and another drum 1/4 full...got enough horse shoes for a dude ranch...pulltabs up the ying yang....back floor of the car i full of junk...trunk full of junk lol and im still lovin it after all these years ...i find the good stuff too.
Just stick with it like Bart says he got some junk too... all Gods children got junk... and Bart is right about mastering your detector....the sound and the research and VID... put some targets very close togeather and run the 11" coil over them notice how its reads/sounds, off if anything ..now put the 5" coil on and see how well it picks out the good tagret better in a multisignal area...i use that 5" coil in the junky areas parks and old foundations and it works very well... best of all make it fun ..and dig that junk and you will find the treasure.
Gary G.A.P.metal
 
Last edited:
If you run the detector at discrimination at anything above 42 i think is silly. In disc mode run sens at at least 80. And no i dont dig on most things that reg a number i dont want, i may pass up some things, but in gold country anything around 40's i dig deep. You have a great detector, now just listen to the language it speaks and then its over! It is a great detector for trashy ground. i workes all day long with my 4500 and my buddy got his first nugget with my t2 that i knew was better in that ground. The tones are your choice, though i like +2 if i run in disc mode. That is not often in gold bearing ground, because it is not 25% as sensitive in that mode. good luck, joe.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom