CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you haven't tried Gary Blackwell's Tekkna program I suggest you give it a gol Based on Sensitive FT in version 2.0.
42 discrimination, no notch, 0 silencer, offset of 10, using High Square audio. He runs iron at 10. I left it standard at 7. I also use audio filter of 1. This really makes good targets pop out in iron. I went to a spot where I've been 30plus times. I ended up finding 3 rivets, a button, and two head stamps. I haven't found anything here in 4-5 trips prior. I recommended to a friend and he found a gold nugget at a pounded California gold rush site that's full of iron. First time I tried it I found a Buffalo nickel and wheat penny in a heavy iron site.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been working with it somewhat. My detecting is mostly old homesites in farm fields. I find it to be an odd program. I think it has two main things going for it... 1) by using the Full Tones Offset of 10, it is raising the good tones well above the iron tones, and 2) Silencer of 0 which is going to prevent good signals from being cut off due to being next to an iron target. But ear fatigue is a problem with this program for me. I have to switch over to something else after a while or I'd go nuts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread