Teknetics and Bounty Hunter the same company

Tim-MXT

Mar 9, 2014
Beaverton/Hillsboro Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's V3I, White's TRX Pinpointer, Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was browsing Craig's list today and noticed these two detectors. One is a Teknetics 6000, the other is a Bounty Hunter Platinum. The buttons are the same, the display is the same. I did some digging and found that Bounty Hunter, Teknetics and Fisher are all owned by the same company. Interesting. Do you get a higher quality machine with the Fisher or Teknetics name or are all three the same?

Bounty Hunter Platinum Metal Detector
Teknetics 6000 Gamma Metal Detector

Upvote 0
I own a Platinum and from what I hear there's little difference between it and the 6000...other than price.

I was browsing Craig's list today and noticed these two detectors. One is a Teknetics 6000, the other is a Bounty Hunter Platinum. The buttons are the same, the display is the same. I did some digging and found that Bounty Hunter, Teknetics and Fisher are all owned by the same company. Interesting. Do you get a higher quality machine with the Fisher or Teknetics name or are all three the same?

Bounty Hunter Platinum Metal Detector
Teknetics 6000 Gamma Metal Detector

Fisher, Teknetics & BH...Yep all First Texas Products. BH is considered the lower end of the three. First Texas makes some GREAT machines in their Fisher & Tek lines!

yea F.T bought the old teknetics name and patents and fisher lab.Hey they're doing pretty good though..I would like to see a machine like t2/f 75 with dual freq and salt mode..I know they still have the cz-3d but thats a different platform.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back