What's new

TEKNETICS CLASSIC T2

Keppy

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2006
Messages
8,390
Reaction score
2,873
Golden Thread
0
Location
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
The Classic T2 must be a good detector but you do not see much about them on the treasure sites .... But like other new detectors that come out you do not see any for sale i have only seen 2 used ones for sale .. So the ones that got them must be holding on to them so that says something good about them..
 
Yesterday I detected a very small yard. It was like 20 by 20. I just got an atpro and have been doing pretty good with it. I searched that little piece of land both directions and crossways. I was getting ready to leave and thought why not run the t2 over it. With the atpro in found 6 wheats and a big token. I fired up the t2 and found 4 more wheats and a merc. My t2 is not the original but I believe it the same unless you you used boost or cache.
 
The classic has to be the best deal in the hobby.
 
From the looks of it not to many out here using the Classic T2....
 
I have considered getting a T2 classic myself but I am worried about the EMI issues....I've seen videos of the T2 going crazy with EMI and that would drive me crazy!...Other than that, that is the only problem I would have...It seems like a very deep detector with great features...
 
I have considered getting a T2 classic myself but I am worried about the EMI issues....I've seen videos of the T2 going crazy with EMI and that would drive me crazy!...Other than that, that is the only problem I would have...It seems like a very deep detector with great features...

Emi issuses are over blown. People that never use them will tell you all about the emi "problem". The thing about the t2 is if you encounter i site with emi you have frequency shift to try first. You should by able to find a frequency that helps. Next thing would be disc. Disc works different on the t2 from other detectors. I believe the bottom number is 10 from 10 down is a boost in gain, so 10 to 50 is lower gain and will help quiet it down. 51 and up boost is in high gain again. The last thing would be sensitivity, you dont have to crank it. The t2 has plenty of depth down to 60. I personally dont mind running it hot, it seems like they are hotter than most other detectors and can be ran up to being unstable or backed down and still be better than most. If you can't tell i think they are one of the best detectors you can buy.
 
Emi issuses are over blown. People that never use them will tell you all about the emi "problem". The thing about the t2 is if you encounter i site with emi you have frequency shift to try first. You should by able to find a frequency that helps. Next thing would be disc. Disc works different on the t2 from other detectors. I believe the bottom number is 10 from 10 down is a boost in gain, so 10 to 50 is lower gain and will help quiet it down. 51 and up boost is in high gain again. The last thing would be sensitivity, you dont have to crank it. The t2 has plenty of depth down to 60. I personally dont mind running it hot, it seems like they are hotter than most other detectors and can be ran up to being unstable or backed down and still be better than most. If you can't tell i think they are one of the best detectors you can buy.

Thanks, Dirtscratcher! Your reply was very informative!
 
I'm seriously considering getting a T2 Classic merely cause of price. What a bargain.
And the emi thing is kinda a non issue w me after taming an F70.
Thanks men, you've help me make a choice.
Peace
 
I'm seriously considering getting a T2 Classic merely cause of price. What a bargain.
And the emi thing is kinda a non issue w me after taming an F70.
Thanks men, you've help me make a choice.
Peace

You wouldn't be disappointed !!! Great Machine/Great Price
 
Lot of T2 owners don't talk much about them - several members in our local MD club use them and have good results with very little EMI issues.

Texas ED
 
Emi issuses are over blown. People that never use them will tell you all about the emi "problem". The thing about the t2 is if you encounter i site with emi you have frequency shift to try first. You should by able to find a frequency that helps. Next thing would be disc. Disc works different on the t2 from other detectors. I believe the bottom number is 10 from 10 down is a boost in gain, so 10 to 50 is lower gain and will help quiet it down. 51 and up boost is in high gain again. The last thing would be sensitivity, you dont have to crank it. The t2 has plenty of depth down to 60. I personally dont mind running it hot, it seems like they are hotter than most other detectors and can be ran up to being unstable or backed down and still be better than most. If you can't tell i think they are one of the best detectors you can buy.

This is the most informative post I have read for quite some time - Thank you so much for sharing ;)
 
I've got a T2 Classic on its way. I should have it tomorrow.... I'm stoked!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom