What's new

TeKnetics G2 + coils

duggr

Sr. Member
Joined
May 4, 2006
Messages
315
Reaction score
167
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort Madison Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the standard 11"DD and the 5" round coils formy G2. Never have used the 5" yet was wandering
if anyone out there has some comments about performance concerning the 5" coil.
Doug
 
It's awsome, kind of like a laser in heavy trash or iron. I don't have a G2 yet but I have a t2. I hunt a ghost town and the 5 in seems so small at a 20 acres site. But by concentrating on small areas finds went up. What surprises me was depth that little sucker gets. Good luck.
 
I leave my 5" on the Gold Bug pro and in the back seat of my truck for when I see a sidewalk tear out. It is surprisingly deep for a 5" coil and separates very well
 
Thanks guys
 
I have the G2+ ltd and i have the 8x11....the 5x10 and the 5" coills for it. In my opinion, the stock 8x11 seems to large for anything other than fields or other open, clean areas. The little 5" coil really shines in heavy trash, but has a noticeable depth loss over the other coils. More so than the 5" coil does on the T2 or F75 machines. My choice for the G2 is the 5x10....it seems "just right" to me. Good depth, great seperation....should have been the stock coil. Hope this helps.....
 
I use my 5" coil when in the woods. It allows me to quickly scan around the trees and saplings and still gets surprisingly deep. Your depth meter will be way off when the 5 is on.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom