What's new

Teknetics Gamma 6000

Vern2

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2017
Messages
621
Reaction score
477
Golden Thread
0
Location
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just pulled the trigger on the Gamma 6000. Ordered from Tekneticsdirect.com for $239.00, includes shipping. I needed another detector like a hole in my head, but couldn't resist the urge, and the price is certainly right.

Bought this one with my wife in mind. It's very light at 2.3 lbs, and I suspect she will like the 8" concentric.

If the Gamma performs even close to my Tesoro DeLeon, even 75%, she will have a heck of a machine, at over half the price.

Oh my goodness, now for the wait.
 
Gamma for $239 is probably the best buy in all of detecting right now. Not sure of anything else in the price range that comes remotely close. Best of luck with it. :thumbsup:
 
Gamma for $239 is probably the best buy in all of detecting right now. Not sure of anything else in the price range that comes remotely close. Best of luck with it. :thumbsup:

Thanks! I was actually looking at the Patriot, but when I came across the Gamma at $239, and after reading everything I could find on it, I said, "well good gracious alive, that's a great deal." So I pulled the trigger.
 
Thanks! I was actually looking at the Patriot, but when I came across the Gamma at $239, and after reading everything I could find on it, I said, "well good gracious alive, that's a great deal." So I pulled the trigger.

Congrats on the Gamma , $239 is a smoking deal...
 
Ivan,
I did order the new 4" concentric coil you turned me on too. I love the small coils for ball parks.
Thanks!
In case someone else is interested :

Show Me Treasure
Fisher Teknetics 4" concentric
Almost 50% off as an introductory offer.
$56.98 shipped.
It states it works on the Gamma.
 
That's a very low price ! I have the Omega 8000 and the Gamma has almost the same results. I don't think you can find a better deal for the moment for that prize . A good coin shooter to.
 
Yeah, it seems to be a very good detector. Sturdy built. Love the large screen. Haven't tested it on a real hunt yet, just coins tossing in my back yard.
First MD with ground grab, or manual GB. I think I'm getting the hang of it.
 
Last edited:
I am getting false signals on my Gamma. All the time. I'll go over a spot and get one high ding. Swing back, nothing. Happens a lot. Turned down sensitivity. Still single dings. Quarter and dime dings.
Anyone with a Gamma know what is going on.
Thanks.
 
Trashy spot...or very bad soil....or EMI.

If a signal does not repeat from various angles...it is time to move on in most cases. Take it to various spots and see if the behavior continues.
 
Thanks HunterGT.
I called myself GB with the ground grab. I've got some learning to do with this MD.
 
Thanks! I was actually looking at the Patriot, but when I came across the Gamma at $239, and after reading everything I could find on it, I said, "well good gracious alive, that's a great deal." So I pulled the trigger.

The Patriot/F70 and Gamma are two completely different machines. Even down to their conductivity spectrum.(0-20 compared to 0-40 for ferrous targets).

The Gamma is a steal at that price. Though the Greek Teks are geared towards the relic hunter (due to it's expanded iron range) it isn't going to let you down on non-ferrous targets. Like said, it is just as capable as the Omega 8000. Haven't heard of anyone not impressed with it at the normal price. But $239. Makes me think we are going to see a 6500 soon.
 
Took my Gamma out for its first real hunt away from my home, to a ball park
Hunted with the 4" concentric and had a blast finding clad in an hour and a half.
18 pennies, 1 q, 2 d, and two nickels. Also a small charm.

While I am a huge fan of my DeLeon, this was nice for a change.

Since the DeLeon is easier to use it will belong to my wife when we hunt together.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom