Tell Me a Gool and Gobblin Story

Edge of fall and winter,rolled in during the wee hours to the tiny old farm i rented in the early eighties. Before reaching the house i heard the most awful anguished scream. It sounded like bloody murder. i had fox sets on a back corner of property several acres from house and applying all the logic i could muster concluded i had trapped a genuine banshee!. Grabbing a flash lite and baseball bat i headed out to quiet what ever it was. The further i went the more a shotgun made more sense as the screams continued. as each trap showed no disturbance approaching the last one earned a first gray hair and there was nothing!.
Never heard any thing like it again. Tried to reason screech owl or bobcat,still don,t know what it was. Not leery of the dark,just what's in it.:dontknow:

A friend was at my house one rainy night and we had a power outage. My mom lit a candle that had an amber globe with diamond shaped facets cut into it. I was staring at the candle and the diamond shapes in the candle light looked like an evil jack o lantern with jagged teeth. Everyone looked at it and agreed with what I saw. No big deal, just looked cool. I got down closer and really stared at the candle. I started to see a realistic looking scene that looked like a bartender standing behind a bar with people sitting on bar stools. I told my friend what I saw and he asked me if I was crazy, but he got closer and started staring. In a couple of minutes he said I SEE IT, I SEE IT. I thought he was humoring me, so I asked if he saw the bartender and he said yes. I asked if he saw the man on the stool that looked like Jack Nicholson and he said yes. I said do you see the man sitting beside Jack. He said, do you mean the one with the hat? The hair on my neck stood up and I yelled OH MY GOD. Everyone in the room thought we were joking but we werent. We lost the image in the excitment and could never see it again. I dont no what we saw but it looked realistic and we both saw the same thing. Creepiest thing Ive ever witnessed. We werent kids,we were in our twentys.

Last edited:
lookindown said:
A friend was at my house one rainy night and we had a power outage. My mom lit a candle that had an amber globe with diamond shaped facets cut into it. I was staring at the candle and the diamond shapes with the candle light looked like an evil jack o lantern with jagged teeth. Everyone looked at it and agreed with what I saw.No big deal, just looked cool. I got down closer and really stared at the candle. I started to see a realistic looking scene that looked like a bartender standing behind a bar with people sitting on bar stools. I told my friend what I saw and he asked if I was crazy but he got closer and started staring. In a couple of minutes he said I SEE IT, I SEE IT. I thought he was humoring me, so I asked if he saw the bartender and he said yes. I asked if he saw the man on the stool that looked like Jack Nicholson and he said yes. I said do you see the man sitting beside Jack. He said do you mean the one with the hat. The hair on my neck stood up and I yelled oh my god. Everyone in the room thought we were joking but we werent. We lost the image in the excitment and could never see it again. I dont no what we saw but it looked realistic and we both saw the same thing. Creepiest thing Ive ever witnessed. We werent kids,we were in our twentys.

Spooky!! Thanks for sharing!

A friend was at my house one rainy night and we had a power outage. My mom lit a candle that had an amber globe with diamond shaped facets cut into it. I was staring at the candle and the diamond shapes with the candle light looked like an evil jack o lantern with jagged teeth. Everyone looked at it and agreed with what I saw.No big deal, just looked cool. I got down closer and really stared at the candle. I started to see a realistic looking scene that looked like a bartender standing behind a bar with people sitting on bar stools. I told my friend what I saw and he asked if I was crazy but he got closer and started staring. In a couple of minutes he said I SEE IT, I SEE IT. I thought he was humoring me, so I asked if he saw the bartender and he said yes. I asked if he saw the man on the stool that looked like Jack Nicholson and he said yes. I said do you see the man sitting beside Jack. He said do you mean the one with the hat. The hair on my neck stood up and I yelled oh my god. Everyone in the room thought we were joking but we werent. We lost the image in the excitment and could never see it again. I dont no what we saw but it looked realistic and we both saw the same thing. Creepiest thing Ive ever witnessed. We werent kids,we were in our twentys.

I was expecting you to say that you discovered you were looking through the jack o lantern at the TV.

Grew up hunting deer in Texas. Ranch belonged to one of dad's friends. Got dropped off about 5:30 a.m. at a wooden slat gate, climbed it and followed a road to a blind about a quarter of a mile away. Had done this a couple of times, but that morning it was cloudy and overcast with a stiff breeze. Could not see anything, including the road. I started hearing footsteps behind me and even though I speeded up, they kept pace. I chambered a round in my rifle and tried to hurry, but the footsteps just got closer. I decided to make a stand, saw a large tree and backed into it. There was some brush and I backed in as far as I could. I waited, but the footsteps had stopped. I held the gun at the ready and suddenly there was a rustling about two feet in front of me. I got ready to shoot just as some of the clouds parted. There in front of me were about 6 of the ranchers cows, waiting for me to feed them like he always did. Found out later that he would stop his truck, throw a bale of hay over the fence, climb over and carry it on his shoulder about 50 yards out of sight of the road. Guess the cows thought a sub showed up that day.

Here's a short and scary one for you....

The IRS showed up, uninvited :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back