What's new

Tell me it’s a rock

Older The Better

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2017
Messages
3,833
Reaction score
8,098
Golden Thread
0
Location
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I resisted posting for about a week. Tell me it’s just a rock so I can get that little “what if” voice out of the back of my mind

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1565471293.674616.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1565471310.125140.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1565471330.014357.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1565471345.950503.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1565471359.279283.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1565471377.103698.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, a day in vinegar didn’t seem to touch the “caliche”. I’m not sure if I’m looking at mineralization, or if it’s natural stone weathering.

Any thoughts would be welcome. Here are photos of both sides-dry and damp, after the vinegar soak and brushing.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566404212.103856.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566404229.180540.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566404242.502735.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566404261.232156.webp
 
Wow, damp looks good! Would waxing or such keep that look?
 
It’s gotta be the same processes acting on them because mine looks very similar wet too, funny thing is I’m nowhere near the same environment haven’t been oceans in Kansas for 65 million years
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom