Tell me what you think

drumking12

Apr 28, 2007
So lately I have been trying my hand at flint knapping. I started with stone but found that the stone was hard to work, especially if you've never done it before so this point is made from the bottom of a glass beer bottle. The glass is a great medium to start with because it's easy to flake and practice your techniques on. So any of ya'll have this hobby along with collecting the real thing? If so, show what you have done.

Rick

Attachments

• edit194.jpg
    edit194.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 590
Upvote 0
Sorry about the size. Didn't realize it would be that big.

Attachments

• 2edit194.jpg
    2edit194.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 586
Thank you ...

Unfortunately glass breaks easy so I went through a salsa jar, a pasta sauce jar, a mirror and 4 beer bottles before I got one that looked half way descent.

Now when my girl catches me drinking I can just say"...I'm promoting my hobby, babe." haha

That's awesome, gonna give it a go, I suck bad so far and have done little more than scrape nuckles and hurt my palm. Will try the glass for fun though, good job.

drumking12 said:
So lately I have been trying my hand at flint knapping. I started with stone but found that the stone was hard to work, especially if you've never done it before so this point is made from the bottom of a glass beer bottle. The glass is a great medium to start with because it's easy to flake and practice your techniques on. So any of ya'll have this hobby along with collecting the real thing? If so, show what you have done.

Rick
That is is bad as in good cool stuff!! Jeff

That is cool looking.Three Rivers Archery has a kit that teaches you to flint knapp.I think it comes with everything you need.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back