teller at my dump bank almost passed out

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
well as promised i went back to the dump bank today with 6K rolled halves. before i entered the bank with the halves i went to the bank manager's office and told her that i had the halves just as she had asked, and i asked her did she want me to bring them to a side office for someone to count and she replied "na just take them to the teller line" with that i said ok and i went to the car and got the first bag. when i got up to the teller i told her that the manager now insists that i bring in rolls and not to run them through the coin machine. i told her i had several thousand dollars worth. her face turned pale white and i thought she was fixing to pass out, but she began counting and sorting and placing a rubber bands around rolls of 5. it took an hour and 15 minutes for the exchange, and i could see the manager looking out of her office at the line the whole time. when she was almost finished i told her, you know the manager insists that i do it this way and i really am sorry for the inconvience that she has caused me to put you through, and i have another 5K at home.i really thought she was about to hit the floor at this point. i then asked her if she would suggest to the manager that i be given the bags that are in the coin machine and i would fill them loose with 1K each and bring them in. i told her i would even take them to the vault for her if she wanted me to and she said she would go ask the manager. she went in the managers office and after about 5 minutes she came out and gave me 7 of the plastic bags like they use in the coin machine. she said the manager agreed to label them and send them off to be counted and the bank would credit or debit my account for any shortages and overages. so i think it all worked out pretty good after i proved my point. i really don't think the bank manager realized what she was getting into when she told me to roll the halves before i brought them in. well guess we will see. sure will make my dumping alot easier and faster.

Upvote 0

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Way to go Silver Cop - you have hit the next level of addiction :tard: . Dump banks like these will save you hours a week! Congratulations :thumbsup:.

Maine_Jim

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You handled this situation perfectly. Giving us CRH'ers a good name. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tank014

Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Ace 250, Garret 1250
TXTim said:
Good job!
You made lemonade out of lemons!

I'm sorry but these expressions are starting to get a little old and now make me laugh a little. I think if we should find the need to use such expressions we should start coming up with newer versions.
Another example of these tired sayings is, "You catch more bees with honey." or something like that. Anyways here is my new saying.

"You get more strippers with 20 bills not 1 dollar presidential coins!"

Anyways good job with your outcome.

HH,
Frank

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
tank014 said:
TXTim said:
Good job!
You made lemonade out of lemons!

I'm sorry but these expressions are starting to get a little old and now make me laugh a little. I think if we should find the need to use such expressions we should start coming up with newer versions.
Another example of these tired sayings is, "You catch more bees with honey." or something like that. Anyways here is my new saying.

"You get more strippers with 20 bills not 1 dollar presidential coins!"

Anyways good job with your outcome.

HH,
Frank

Glad I could amuse you... :tard:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread