What's new

Tellers do you have an acct here?

cdickrun64

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Messages
945
Reaction score
724
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tellers 'do you have an acct here?'

So...I have the perfect response to the age old teller quip of "do you have an acct here?" No, even better...I am a potential NEW customer!! Banks are constantly pushing tellers to get new clients, especially nowadays!!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Tellers 'do you have an acct here?'

yea. And the next thing you know you are spending 20 minutes trying to backpedal from some agressive banker that is called over to "talk to you about your potential new account".

No thanks. LOL
 
Re: Tellers 'do you have an acct here?'

I tell them if they have some halves i will open an account as long as its a bank with plenty of branches. I actually would have to stop to think how many banks i now belong to.
 
Re: Tellers 'do you have an acct here?'

Yeah, then you end up with 20 different accounts at 20 different banks like me. Yes I am a silver addict.

Golden Silver
 
Re: Tellers 'do you have an acct here?'

JJtheRollHunter said:
Since I'm young, I say "I'm not sure. I think my parents might have an acct. here." Works every time they ask.
I do the same. Works fairly well :tongue3:
 
Re: Tellers 'do you have an acct here?'

I was at a bank the other day where I opened an account at a couple years ago. I use it as a dump bank when I'm on a certain side of town. Well I hand over $2,000 to be counted, new teller says ok be right back. Comes back when done and ask if I have an account. I say yes, she looks it up and say it has been suspended. Then she gets her manager who states that I will have to pay a 10% charge on the coins since I'm not a customer. Can you say :angry4: ? Turns out even though I frequent this place there had been no deposits or withdrawls so the account went dormant. I walked out of there with all my money, but they left a bad taste in my mouth.
 
Re: Tellers 'do you have an acct here?'

nyiangelo said:
I was at a bank the other day where I opened an account at a couple years ago. I use it as a dump bank when I'm on a certain side of town. Well I hand over $2,000 to be counted, new teller says ok be right back. Comes back when done and ask if I have an account. I say yes, she looks it up and say it has been suspended. Then she gets her manager who states that I will have to pay a 10% charge on the coins since I'm not a customer. Can you say :angry4: ? Turns out even though I frequent this place there had been no deposits or withdrawls so the account went dormant. I walked out of there with all my money, but they left a bad taste in my mouth.
That happens to ME they can give me back my coin. Lots of banks need a transaction at least every quarter or they will close accts and charge you for the right. HH Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom