What's new

tellers tray gives up nice steel wheat

soldierman

Sr. Member
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
302
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I'm always looking in the tellers tray but never finding anything. That changed today. A silver streak sticking out.... from the pennies? Whats that silver coin in your pennies. Oh thats one someone probly painted... You want it? Ya I think I do.
 
Upvote 0
Ha!
That's cool!
Good job!
 
Sweet find. The steel cents are getting pretty tough to find.
 
very nice. i've only found 1 steel cent in circulation out of thousands of wheats.
 
Today I was at an alternative dump bank. They had an older Coin Star machine that jammed twice. When it jammed the teller was nice enough to give me all of the "foreign coins" that got stuck on a magnet it has internally. In all I got about 40 coins, including $4.16 Canadian and one fairly nice 1943S steel penny. It's the first one I've found since I've been coin roll hunting.

Congratulations on the steel penny find!

-Brian
 
Ya know what. Since it was a keeper and not a really scarce date. And maybe a bit happy about finnaly getting a keeper straight from a teller. I didn't even think about checking for a mint mark.

Edit
looked no mintmark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom