What's new

Tennesee Hunt

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
1,312
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok if me and some buddies on here were to organize a hunt up close to tennesee, and the land that we have permission to is butted up to an historc battlefield, but the land owner owns a pretty piece of it. How many people would be instrested in something like this, we want to take a poll and see how many would actually go b4 we went into all the trouble of putting it together. Lets throw a figure out there of $200 per person and that would include 3 days to hunt,lunch each day,door prize raffle, and free water.

How many people would be intrested?
 
Partially interested. Need more info. My first question is why 200.00 ? If you get 50 people going, that's alotta bucks.
 
For 200 bucks you might want to include a foot bath and massage. Or at least a kiss. Not a chance I'm driving 10 miles or down the street to hunt an unknown site with no provable worth for 200 bucks. Let alone to Tennessee. If it has provable worth, maybe worse yet as who knows how many times it's been hunted?
 
gametalman52 said:
Partially interested. Need more info. My first question is why 200.00 ? If you get 50 people going, that's alotta bucks.

If you read the post $200 is a figure diggin in virgina cost roughly $245 this cost that we would charge would cover the rent from the landowner, FREE drinks, a 3 day hunt, FREE bagged lunches,the metal detector that would be given away as the door prize and all the legal paperwork that has to be drawn up.
 
Lowbatts said:
For 200 bucks you might want to include a foot bath and massage. Or at least a kiss. Not a chance I'm driving 10 miles or down the street to hunt an unknown site with no provable worth for 200 bucks. Let alone to Tennessee. If it has provable worth, maybe worse yet as who knows how many times it's been hunted?

Ok I can say since the man that has currently owned the property noone has detected on his property except for those who have probably snuck on, 2ndly we wouldnt actually go all out and say that this is official until we went and made sure that there is plenty of relics to be found, as said in the post 200 bucks is just an off the head figure all me and my boys do is civil war hunt we would not hunt a site if it has been hit hard and there is nothing there.
 
For $200 buck you should have more then a bag lunch. What if you don't drink why should I buy beer for everyone else. For this kind of money you could furnish all 3 meal of the day and still make a bundle...Matt
 
mlayers said:
For $200 buck you should have more then a bag lunch. What if you don't drink why should I buy beer for everyone else. For this kind of money you could furnish all 3 meal of the day and still make a bundle...Matt

Water and sodas NOT beer
 
I would love to go! I have been hit hard with the Michigan economy though. The company I worked for closed and many other employers have followed suit. If it were not for Ebay I would be in serious trouble. When you decide what the cost would be let us know. I could afford about half of what you posted. Maybe a little more. I just know I cant do $200.00 plus gas, plus food & Drinks right now. When are you planning the trip?

Thanks,
MM
 
Yes, I would be interested.
Dan
 
cwdigger said:
gametalman52 said:
Partially interested. Need more info. My first question is why 200.00 ? If you get 50 people going, that's alotta bucks.

If you read the post $200 is a figure diggin in virgina cost roughly $245 this cost that we would charge would cover the rent from the landowner, FREE drinks, a 3 day hunt, FREE bagged lunches,the metal detector that would be given away as the door prize and all the legal paperwork that has to be drawn up.

I don't think you can compare your first 'paid hunt' to the DIV or GNRS! No way would I go for that assumption.But ya'all have a blast.
 
Big difference between the western side and eastern side of Tennessee. How about a little closer idea of where, it could mean an addtional 300 miles and 5-6 hours of driving.
 
Mac In Oak Ridge said:
Big difference between the western side and eastern side of Tennessee. How about a little closer idea of where, it could mean an addtional 300 miles and 5-6 hours of driving.

Near Lexington
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom