What's new

Tesor with one Coil?

rainyday101

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2012
Messages
780
Reaction score
346
Golden Thread
0
Location
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was just at Tesoro's site and see you can get the Outlaw with just the 8" concentric coil! List price of $515! Link is below. Scroll to bottom of page. I wonder what dealer price is?

Outlaw with one coil
 
The minimum dealer price would be 15% off the list so $438. I prefer the 8" but just slightly over the 12"x10". I have tried the 5.75" a bit too. You could always add the other coils later.

Tough decision if the Outlaw is the one you're going with.
 
I went with the Vaquero because of it's tried and true hunting ability. I also picked up the 5.75in conc. for the trashy areas and I plan on getting the 12X10 for the big yards. I figure I would have all that I need to get the goods with a proven platform. I looked at the Outlaw, but decided against it only because it hasn't been around long to show us what it's got; that was the only reason.

What ever you pick, it's a Tesoro. . . . you will get a machine that will hunt, plain and simple.

HH
PTP
 
Yeah, I am gonna go with the outlaw. Depending on cash flow, I just might get the one coil option. One thing that got my interest though was in another thread Allcav was saying that the Lobo is deep. I had a friend that did all his coinshooting with a hip mounted Lobo and he swore by it.
 
I owned a Lobo about eight years ago, and yes it is a deep seeker. I don't recall what frequency (or frequencies) the oscillator operates at. I believe it is at least 17 khz, which should punch down deep. If I recall correctly it is an all-metal mode detector only, and the fast track ground adjusting feeds continuous high speed tone variations into your headphones (it sounds sort of like a pack of wolves or coyotes howling from low to high pitches and doing so very quickly as you move the search coil). So you may get headaches, unless Tesoro has changed all of this. Great machine for hunting all metal in remote areas with little or no trash - such as Arizona desert when searching for gold nuggets.
 
I owned a Lobo about eight years ago, and yes it is a deep seeker. I don't recall what frequency (or frequencies) the oscillator operates at. I believe it is at least 17 khz, which should punch down deep. If I recall correctly it is an all-metal mode detector only, and the fast track ground adjusting feeds continuous high speed tone variations into your headphones (it sounds sort of like a pack of wolves or coyotes howling from low to high pitches and doing so very quickly as you move the search coil). So you may get headaches, unless Tesoro has changed all of this. Great machine for hunting all metal in remote areas with little or no trash - such as Arizona desert when searching for gold nuggets.
That was the diablo you are thinking of.The new lobo has a disc mode but trust me,for coinshooting,it can't hang with the law or the v.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom